Part Seven [Final Part]

My real name? I guess it’s lost. Only a few people still remember that name of mine, and I don’t intend letting anyone else know.” 
“Why?” 
“Because… Well, it’s cursed.”

In your hands are the two deciding objects: a gun and two vials containing blood.

Sitting on the floor, you take the gun, taking out the ammunition. This is where the blood comes in. As though you’re taking part in a very dangerous experiment, you pour the drop of noble blood onto a single silver bullet. 

Now, here’s the special part. 

Your name. As you whisper out your full name, the bullet glows, the colour changing from the red to blue. After that, you pour the second vial containing your own blood, this time whispering the words from long ago. 

“’Kill our enemies with our forbidden blood; save our comrades with the blood we wanted to protect.’”

The bullet glows once again, and you exhale, finally a bit calmer. There’s still a chance of success. 

Of course, you still don’t know where he is. However, as an idea sparks to mind, you reassemble the gun, running out the door.

There must be something I missed. 

~*~ 

A grave in front of you, you kneel down, taking a moment to look at the gravestone. However, as the sentimental moment passes, you grab a shovel, digging up the grave. 

A coffin, black in colour, looking rather highly apparelled. Undertaker.  You think to yourself. A coffin as well made as that one would’ve been made by someone like the undertaker. 

Cracking it open, the contents it empty. But, like a spark of hope, there is something engraved into the bottom. 

‘The second stage, second chapter, second page. Make no mistake, heed the steps you take. In a chamber, or in a room, three wrong steps and KABOOM!’ 

You look the words, processing each one individually. 

There’s no margin for error. 

Kaboom? So it’s something explosive? Sitting down wastes time, but you know that if you don’t think it through, more than Sebastian and your own life are on the line. Flour. Flour can be explosive! 

With that thought, you almost sprint back home, but don’t, inhaling deeply. 

There’s no going back. 

I can’t say anything, what will blow up the manor, then? A demon will value his master’s life over anything, so if it means Ciel’s life… He can’t return. 

But, nothing goes as planned. 

Instead of crying, or whining like a child, you close your eyes for a moment, thinking one thing alone. 

Believe in the words he said. 

Standing up, you push the coffin back into the grave, walking off, refusing to look back.

It’s one of those things that you just know. 

You just know that it’ll be the last time you see that grave, and even though you know this, there’s no need to get sentimental over a gravestone. 

“Undertaker!” You yell, though no one replies. “If you do anything to Sebastian…”

The sky being the musty colour of cherry blossoms, the words echo for what seems like eternity.