Chapter 3: Slow Drips

" Another rainy day.. " Sayori sighed as she buttoned up her uniform. Walking out of her room and into the kitchen, she grabbed a wrapped up sandwich her mother had left before going to work.

Sayori unwrapped it and quietly ate in the empty dinner table.

" Sayori! We're going to be late! " a familiar voice shouted from outside. " Get up sleepy head! "

The girl rushed out of her seat and hurried herself to the door.

" Sorry! " she shouted back before opening the door, to see her bestfriend waiting impatiently. After locking the door, they hurried their way to the school. Natsuki looked up at the clear sky as they walked in silence. She took a glance at Sayori, who had the most emotionless expression on her face..

Feeling slightly worried, the small girl nudged her bestfriends shoulder.

" You okay? " she asked.

Snapping out of her light daydream, sayori replied, " I'm fine. Why? "

" You look a little out of it.. "

" It's just a rainy day " Sayori said with a sad smile.

Natsuki tilted her head in confusion. But before they could continue on, they arrived at the school.

" Hurry! " a girl shouted as she stood by the gate. The two girls ran in and rushed to their classes.
-

Private Messaging

Natsuki: Hey sayo, what did you mean by " rainy day " ???
Sayori: I didn't say that? What are u talking about? :> ?
Natsuki: Sayori.. don't mess with me. What's wrong??
Sayori: Nothing is wrong silly >.< Everything is fine! 💙
Natsuki: .. You promise?
Sayori: Yes! 💙 :>
-

Natsuki felt a sudden tap on her shoulder, and out of surprise, she almost punched the girl sitting beside her.

" A-Ah I'm sorry! " Natsuki chuckled out nervously. " You scared me, that's all! "

" I'm sorry for scaring you " the girl said with a friendly smile. " It's lunch time.. "

" Wha- Really? " Natsuki replied. " I-I mean, yeah! I knew that "

The girl giggled awkwardly then stood up from her seat with her bag, and walked out. Natsuki sighed, feeling just as out of it as her bestfriend. Getting her things quickly into her bag, she couldn't stop thinking about earlier. Her bestfriend looked so sad..

Rushing out, she hoped to get some type of REAL answer this time.. maybe the truth. Natsuki's stomach turned.

Monika and Yuri were comforting Sayori under the tree. It seemed as if Sayori couldn't hold it in anymore.

" There, there " Monika said in a soft tone. " It's just one of those days "

Sayori who was clinging onto Monika, moved her eyes to her bestfriend, who was walking towards them with an upsetting expression.

" Natalie- I mean Natsuki- " Monika began with a friendly smile, only to be cut off by the girl with tears in her eyes.

" Natsuki, please smile.. " Sayori let out.

Gulping down her words, Natsuki kneeled down in front of her bestfriend with open arms.

" You can talk to me too, you know.? " Natsuki said with a slight sassy tone.

Giggling, sayori hugged her.

Monika glanced over at Yuri, who was shyly trying to speak but then chose to stay quiet. Feeling eyes staring at her, Natsuki glanced up to see Yuri trying to get her attention by waving her hand.

" Y-You know Natsuki.. she could talk to us too " Yuri finally said. " We're club members.. but not only that, me and Monika want to be friends with you two "

Sayori pulled away from the hug, to make the brightest smile.

" Yeah! We can be friends! " she cheered happily.

Natsuki's arms felt cold as the wind flowed through. Putting them down and looking at the girl who was happily accepting the other two, Natsuki went cold on the inside too.