Chapter 2: Close escape

Bunny's POV:

The forest around me collapsed from the blazing inferno which surrounded the area as far as they eye could see. Several creatures including myself made our escape across the scorched
undergrowth. During the panicked frenzy that ensued, out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of small, bumbling koala. Its fur grey with ash and soot and limping from what was a burnt paw. Our eyes met for a split second and in that
instant, I could see it was falling into despair.

Looking down upon such a pitiful creature truly makes one grateful.
I bid the koala adieu, racing past the sorry animal, and continued sprinting for a good amount of time. All the while other animals dipped in and out of my vision. After a while, I found myself leaving the forest and entering a narrow clearing,
where the ground was grey and rockier than normal.

There were no flames to be found on this side for now, so I decided to rest for the time being. Once I began to loosen up, my body at once collapsed from the  exhaustion I had accumulated from the recent events, as the need to rest finally caught up to me. As my vision blurred, I saw a large figure approaching me in the distance, draped in a layer of red.

While it got closer I noticed that the air got swelteringly hot, and the orange-red flames reappeared, fueled by while the few trees that remain of the forest on the edge of this clearing .Within seconds the fire spread and made its way closer to me, as did the large creature. As it came closer, I realized it was a Human. This time I decided to forget my pride and rely on it , I had no way to escape and my body was in poor shape ,so I thought.

The human picked me up and carried me away into a place I was not familiar with. He whispered, "You are safe." Which made think to myself ,I wont be the flame's grub anymore because I am safe ,just as the human said.

While all of this was being processed in my cunning brain, I smirked to the thought of that poor koala and decided to not waste my energy on that feeble thing tired as I already was.
I was taken care of, fed to and made to quench
my thirst all while the other animals were suffering in the forest of doom.

I was injured and relying on Humans was the only thing to do but the safety of my place kept me to think how lucky I was, how lucky I was to be one of the survivors of this destruction.
So I thank the Human who brought me to this place, a place where I can survive.

Truly not all Humans are made of the worst hearts.