XII

Lilys pov

" Lucifer I've not got my key!" I explained, throwing my hands up.

" I have. I hope you don't mind I took it from your bag, I just wanted to surprise you" he smiled, opening the door.

" not at all" I smiled, rushing up the stairs. I burst into my room door,Everything was the same. Like it had only been a dream.

My books scattered across the desk, closet opened and my bedsheets made in a rush for work.

Lucifers boots clattered against the wooden floor as he followed in after me.

" This is cute" he smiled, looking around.

" Its nothing like the house you have, but it works for me" I smiled. " take a seat, if you like" I said, pointing to the bed.

I went to the closet, grabbing my suitcase and sprawling it across the floor. I pulled all my clothes out, throwing them into the case.

" Very neat" lucifer smirked, raising his brow at the pile.

" I'm hardly going to fold them all. They'll be getting taken back out as soon as we go to hell" I laughed.

" if you want anything at all that you can't take with us right now, I'll have it moved for you to our home" Lucifer stated.

" thank you" I said, continuing to stuff my case. My lips threatening a smile at his comment.

"our home" if only he knew what that meant to me. I never really had anyone to have a home with. I just got on with things, that's how life has always been. I didn't know my parents, I was passed through other relatives until I was at the age I could live myself.

I had worked hard to get to where I was. I built my life alone, although now I had lucifer.

" You okay my love? I sense you're uneasy" lucifer said, placing his warm hand to my lower back.

" yeah sorry, just thinking" I said, shaking my head. " you just zoned out" he said, kissing my temple.

" Will it help if you tell me?" He smiled, taking his position back on the bed.

" it's silly really. I was just thinking about this house. My life, meeting you." I said, sitting at my desk and putting books into a bag.

" I see, do you wish to elaborate?" He said.

" I've just always been myself basically. I guess I never realised how lonely I really was until I have you. " I said.

" I'm sorry darling. I wish I could have spoken to you sooner, but I couldn't. " he said sadly, his eyes full with remorse.

" That's okay Lucifer, Everything happens for a reason and everyone has lessons in life they must learn." I smiled, pecking his cheek.

" Just for thought, why weren't you able to talk to me?" I asked.

Lucifers eyes widened.

" Well firstly, I would have been far too old for you then. I've watched over you, but I didn't want you to meet me until I felt you were ready. I was also going through a rough patch back then" he said, playing with the rings on his fingers.

" How old are you lucifer " I asked, curious. Lucifer seemed to fidget in his spot, nervously.

" No I don't want you rejecting me. When I was 20 that's when I was cast to hell. Since then I haven't aged over the- uhm the years you can say" he said, his amber eyes on anything but me.

" how many years have you lived lucifer ?" I asked concerned.

For me thinking I was alone in this world, I never thought of the man in front. My heart seemed quickened at the thought.