VIII

Lily's pov
" This place is literally huge" I gasped, following behind Lucifer.

I looked around in amazement at my surroundings.

Luce chuckled shaking his head " you're a strange little thing aren't you ?" He questioned, stopping at one of the doors.

" How so?" I asked in confusion.

" I mean no offence, you're just curious darling" he spoke, tilting his head at me.

I smiled slightly, nodding at his response. Lucifer clicked his fingers and to my surprise the door unlocked... well not really to my surprise due to the man being full of them.

" So cool" I muttered.

His tall stature strolled into the room, his boots echoing down the hall.

" so where are we going exactly ?" I asked, struggling to keep up with him.

" My office" he said, looking back at me.

We entered a large room, labelled Lucifers office.

"Take a seat, love " Lucifer said, directing me to a red leather sofa.

His office was nearly organised, although it wasn't much of an office. The place was the size of an apartment.

" There's plenty of books you can go through, I know you like reading" he said, sitting at his mahogany desk.

I furrowed my brow, deciding not to ask why he knew such a thing.

~~
Lucifers pov

I glanced up from my papers, my eyes landing on her petite body curled up on the sofa.

I mustn't have realised how long I was, due to the poor thing having passed out.

I walked over, stroking the side of her face.

" Angel?" I said quietly, as not to startle her.

Lily stirred in her sleep, her eyes fluttering open.

" Did I fall asleep?" She muttered groggily.

I chuckled at her state " yes my love, I'm sorry for neglecting you for a few hours" I apologised, winking at her.

Lily rubbed her eyes, sitting up.
" it's okay. You've got to do your job" she said.

Suddenly the door flew open and in walked Amalia. Her red eyes darkening when they landed on lily.

" Ah, so the rumours are true. You really have found your stupid mate" she scoffed, slamming the door.

" Watch your mouth." I warned, snarling at her comment.

Amalia's lips turned into a smirk as she turned to me.

"You aren't telling me what to do are you Lucifer?" She questioned, taking slow strides across the room.

" we wouldn't want anything happening to someone you care about" she spoke, picking up a book on my desk.

" Are you threatening me?" I growled.

Amalia chuckled" you know I am Lucifer" she challenged.

" enough !" I roared, rage firing through my body. Flames erupting around me.

" oh I do love it when you get angry" she cackled, sitting next to lily.

" aren't you precious. So fragile" she said, analysing lily.

Lily gulped, looking at me for reassurance. In a flash I was beside her, pushing her behind me.

She gripped onto my shirt tightly, her body shaking lightly.

" get out" I growled, point to Amalia.

She rolled her eyes, getting up and walking to the door.

" see you later Lucifer and I'll see you soon lily" she smirked. The faint sound of her heels were heard distancing from the room.

" She.. she's lovely " lily spoke.

" I'm sorry darling, she's just like that. I'll deal with her" I said, holding her face.

" why does she hate me?" She asked confusingly.

I shook my head " don't take it personally my love, please" I asked.

Lily nodded
" this is a lot of getting used to"

Tell me about it.