Homecoming Queen (Songfic)

Lyrics are from "Homecoming Queen" by Kelsea Ballerini. I'd encourage anyone reading this to listen to the actual song

Every girl in Hoenn would've loved to be May Maple, she was recently named the Coordinating queen of Hoenn. She was the best Coordinator in the region and she had it all, fame, beauty, money, and she had her boyfriend, Drew Hayden. Yes everyone would've loved to May, except for May Maple herself.

May's life was surrounded by Cameras, media, reporters asking questions, however, May didn't like all the attention she was getting as she wanted a little time to just spend time with Drew or her other friends. However, whenever she wasn't smiling looking pretty on Camera, people complained about it, so she had to fake like everything was all good, but Drew knew it wasn't, that's when he got an idea.

Drew and May hid in her father's gym for the night, since the media needed 4 badges to enter, which they didn't have, they couldn't see May. Drew had told May that he had gotten Norman's permission to have dinner in the back, but Drew had a few other plans as well. First of all once May got to the back, Drew teased, "You look amazing May, except your hair. It needs a little something." May knew where this was going, Drew took out a rose he had held in his pocket and tied it in her hair. May blushed and kissed Drew on the cheek, Drew returned the favor as he led her to the table.

After their Dinner, May heard a guitar playing. She looked around and saw her friends, Ash Ketchum and Misty Waterflower. May and Ash were traveling partners for a while until May left for Johto, Misty and May had met during that time. Ash had learned how to play the guitar, and Misty had an amazing voice so May knew that she was about to sing. She was interrupted in her thoughts when Drew asked for a dance,  May couldn't turn him down. As they danced, Misty began to sing: 

"Hey homecoming queen, Why do you lie? When somebody's mean, Where do you hide? Do people assume, You're always alright? Been so good at smiling, Most of your life. 

Look damn good in the dress, Zipping up the mess, Dancing with your best foot forward. Does it get hard, To have to play the part? Nobody's feeling sorry for ya. But what if I told you the world wouldn't end, If you started showing what's under your skin. What if you let 'em all in on the lie? Even the homecoming queen cries."

May started to tear up, Drew knew May's struggles and wanted to help her. May loved Drew more than she ever had before. Drew never wanted May to be the pretty face, he wanted her to be herself, the same person May wanted to be. "I love you so much Drew" May said as her tears fell. Drew gave her a peck on the forehead. Misty then continued:

"Hey homecoming queen, How's things at home? Still walking on eggshells When that curtain's closed. Did your daddy teach you How to act tough? Or more like your momma? Sweep it under the rug.

Look damn good in the dress, Zipping up the mess, Dancing with your best foot forward. Did you want the crown? Or does it weigh you down? Nobody's feeling sorry for ya. What if I told you the world wouldn't end, If you started showing what's under your skin? What if you let 'em all in on the lie? Even the homecoming queen cries.

Yeah, what if I told you the sky wouldn't fall? If you lost your composure, said to hell with it all.
Not everything pretty sparkles and shines, And even the homecoming queen cries
Oh yeah 
Even the homecoming queen cries

Hey homecoming queen,Why do you lie? When somebody's mean, Where do you hide?"

As Misty finished the song, Drew couldn't help himself. He dipped her and their lips met, Drew pulled May upright, but still with their lips interlocked. Ash and Misty couldn't help but smile, Drew and May knew each other too well and were clearly in love with each other. "Drew, I love you so much!" May whispered in Drew's ear. "I love you just as much May, you and I will always be together and I'd like you to be more than just my girlfriend." Drew replied as he got down on one knee. "May Maple, will you marry me?" Drew proposed. "YES, YES, YES! A million times Drew, YES!" May yelled. Ash and Misty began to cry tears of happiness. For May though, this moment was one she could always treasure, with just Drew and her friends. It was a moment, She'd always remember.

Wow, that was a fun one to write. Them getting engaged at the end wasn't part of my idea originally, it just happened as I wrote. Anyways I hope you enjoy!