THIRTEEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

camillejacobs: NYE 2019

camillejacobs: NYE 2019... 2020 will be full of excitement, joy and happiness - I cannot wait!

-

"I'm sorry for everything that happened between us this year," Lando sighed as he finally made his way from my en-suite bathroom and into my spacious bedroom at Max's place. I stayed here with Max and Lando last night, leaving Charles' side for the first time since he returned from Italy, but I enjoyed spending time with the boys. Lando looked smart as he wore a black button up shirt and black jeans. "You know, after you split from Charles. I never wanted to hurt you."

"Lando," I rolled my eyes as I placed my lip gloss onto the dressing table. "You never hurt me. I don't regret anything that happened between us."

"Really?" He sat on the edge of my bed and cleared his throat, his eyes very much focused on me as he chewed on his lip. I knew that the feelings he had for me were still there, but there was nothing we could do about that.

"Really," I nodded, using my setting spray to finalise my makeup look before pushing all my used products away. I stood up from my spot on the seat in front of my dressing table and joined Lando on the edge of my bed. I'd put the moment he tried to kiss me again after arriving to the back of my mind, knowing that it was innocent. "I know I was in a strange place at that point but I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. We happened for a reason, Lando."

"I know," he used his index finger to brush a strand of my hair away from my eyes as I felt my cheeks heating up beneath the layer of foundation which covered my skin. "I don't want to push you out of my life or anything like that, Camille. Now that we've spent so much time together since I began in Formula One, I can't imagine spending so much time apart like we previously have done. Having you around is the best feeling."

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Lando." With a careful sigh, I wrapped my arms around his waist and lay my ear on his shoulder, feeling content as the seconds passed slowly. I knew that my relationship with Lando would always be special and I was so excited to welcome the New Year in alongside him, plus Charles and my friends. As the thought crossed my mind, Lando and I were interrupted by Max knocking on the door.

"We're leaving in five." His voice made me jump, but I muttered in response before wiggling out of Lando's grip and reaching for my small black bag which rested in the bottom of my wardrobe. I ensured that all my essentials were safely inside, taking my phone from my dressing table and glancing back at Lando with a smile. He stood up and pressed his lips quickly to my temple, following me towards the door.

"Camille," his voice was soft but I still turned around to glance at him, holding a smile on my lips. "You look beautiful, by the way."

--