F i v e

Flashback, 2012, March,

"THIS FUCKING FAMILY IS GOING TO BE BANKRUPT!"
Pierro Anteros threw his wine glass towards Yves. He missed but the glass unfortunately hit Pylle, leaving her with a bloody forehead.

'The demon is back. He'll hurt us'
Pylle cried in her mind.

The yelling and shouting of derogatory words shot at Yves and Pylle from Pierro's mouth cut through the both of them.
They've heard it a million times but never getting used to it. Each time more brutal than the last.

Pylle was losing consciousness by the second but no sound came from her mouth, only tears from her eyes.

When Yves tried to help Pylle, her daughter, who was now unresponsive on the floor, Yves was suddenly grabbed by the hair and dragged to another room.
The last thing Pylle saw was hers mother mouthing help while screaming as glass was being thrown and the demon's mouth enlarging as sharp words stabbed her mother.

All the noises Pylle could hear were yelling...glass breaking...sobbing...doors slamming...and humanity shattering.

Her father was not her father.
It was not human.
It was a demon.

°
The noises of inaudible cries were suddenly interrupted by a constant beeping noise, and the vision of pitch grimacing black turned into a scene of blinding bright light.

"Pylle!"
Yves yelped as Pylle opened her eyes.
No words could be uttered by Pylle's bruised and busted lip.

All she see's now is is her mother, weeping at her feet and asking for forgiveness.

'What for?'
'Moma did nothing wrong'
'The demon tried to kill her'
The thoughts scurried in Pylle's head, one by one they all pierced her mind.

They were suddenly interrupted by one of their private nurses,

"Ma'am, the press is outside."

°
As the press gathered in front of the hospital, camera flashes and reporters came after Yves.
Of course the media wanted to know why the daughter of the Anteros family was hospitalized yet again.

Yves only said one thing and left,
"As time goes on, my daughter is fortunately recovering. We appreciate your concerns and best wishes"

Out of all the people in the crowd, Pierro was not seen of course.
He does not and won't ever care for his 'family'.
He has no purpose of being there with his child because he has nothing to gain there. He never once did anyways.
He was the demon that brought them there in the first place.

Plus, media didn't need the truth anyways, they just needed someone to cover the missing piece of the lies.  Someone or something to answer people's curiosity—even if it was a lie.

And Yves as the mother of the wealthy and famed Anteros family, her words were enough to shut the curiosity and media up.
At least for now.

°

Pylle no longer knew where most her bruises or wounds came from.
She doesn't even know where she is right now.

°

Pylle has dissociative amnesia. Of course, she knows nothing about it.
After each beating and abuse, each traumatizing event she's experienced since childhood has caused her to suppress all memories of it for the sake of her survival.

Sometimes she cries and tears up for no reason but feels pain somewhere in her mind. Like tearing up to a feeling that connects to no memory.

°
Flashback End, back to 2021