Chapter 1: Spacing out

“Crap, my head hurts…..”

“Hey, wake up!”

“What?”       

“Wake up please…”

“Oh…A talking Aragami?!” I backed away and observed the creature carefully.

“Huh?” The creature came closer and smiled.

“Hell, you’re creepy!” I looked for my God Arc but I noticed that my hands looked different. I came closer a pond and looked at my reflection. Oh shit, what happened to me? I looked like a…like a gecko. I screamed and I got slapped.

“Hush! You’re gonna wake the Pokémons in this forest!” The creature frowned.

“I’m sorry…Wait, what did you just say? Pokémon?” I was so confused. Am I dreaming? This is crazy, I gotta wake up.

“Sheesh, you just spaced out weirdo! Well, we’re Pokémons. What else proof do you want?” The creature seemed irritated.

“But I’m a human being! Look, I’m not from here. Maybe I’m dreaming!” I was panicking and the creature just laughed.

“Oh, yeah. Dreaming, you say?” The creature suddenly pushed me into the pond. The water felt so real. Maybe I wasn’t dreaming after all. So, why am I here?

“Right. So I wasn’t dreaming. I’m still confused.” I climbed out of the pond and looked at the creature. Oh shit, its tail is on fire! I scooped some water from the pond and tried to throw it at the creature.

“ARE YOU CRAZY? STOP IT!” The creature dodged and glared at me.

“But….. Sorry, so it IS a part of your body. My bad.” I sat on the grass and wished I didn’t do that.

“Yeah, you better be! You almost killed me. That flame on my tail is my life, mind you.”

“I said I was sorry.” I frowned.

The creature noticed my uneasiness. “Sorry, look I know you’re so confused right now but let me introduce myself and we will talk about stuffs later. I’m Charmander, just call me Charm. What about you?” Charm winked at me. So, Charm is a she.

I’m Rindou. Amemiya Rindou from Fenrir Far East Branch. I’m a God Eater you see. I beat up Aragamis. But, uhh, I know that you’re clueless about what I’m saying.” I smiled.

“Oh, you sound interesting. Rindou is a weird name for a Pokémon though. Did you know that you’re a Treecko? But, Rindou sounds great.” She seemed amused.

“Right. So are there any other Pokémons like us?”

“Of course! Let’s go to the Pokémon Square tomorrow. You didn’t have a place to stay in right? Follow me.” She escorted me and I came across a very interesting house. This world is so peaceful unlike my world. I think I’m going to like this place.

“Rindou, you’re spacing out again. Well, did you like this house?” She looked at me willfully.

“Yes, it looks great! Hmm, do you Pokémons have any drinks here? Beer?”

She laughed. “Oh Rindou, you’re so funny! We don’t drink beer. It’s unhealthy.”

“Ah, how about cigarettes?” I asked plainly.

“Well, we don’t have any of those toxic stuff that you humans intake.” She crossed her arms.

“Right. So, it’s boring here!” I looked for a twig and put it in my mouth as a toothpick.

“Whatever, you may look cool but I think you can live without those stuff! You could imagine that twig as a cigarette if you want to, I don’t care! You’re so cocky.”

“Tsk, stop being so angry girl. I’m just…look, I’m sorry. I’m cool, it’s just that I’m not used to this Pokémon life.”

“Then go home! Get back to your world. I don’t wanna see you!” Her tail’s flame burned fiercely.

“I can’t go home. I’m stuck here.” I said calmly.

She paused for a moment and frowned. “I understand. Sorry I forgot. Well, let’s talk tomorrow okay?”

“Alright.” I watched her go away and I slept in my new home. I dreamt of Fenrir. Shit, I missed my room so much. I need a beer! When will I be back in my world again? Hmm, that lady Pokémon is so moody. But she’s cute for a lizard. Ha ha. I guess she’ll keep me companied in this world. Right. I can’t wait for my new life tomorrow as a Pokémon. I still couldn’t believe it. I still couldn’t believe all of this.