Chapter 2: The Square

I suddenly woke up when someone knocked at my door.

“Hey mornin’! Charm here. You awake yet sleepyhead?”

“Yeah, get in.” I yawned and stretched in bed.

She got in and sat on a chair. “So, we got a big day today! I have a lot to tell you. Well, how’s your sleep?”

“It was good. I think I’m getting used to this body.” I sat on bed.

“Jeez, you look groggy. Anyway, I was planning on building a rescue team. Would you like to join?”

“Rescue team? That sounds great! I guess I can’t say no to that. So, where are the other members?” I asked curiously.

“Oh, uhm, already in this room I suppose.” She smiled.

“So it’s just the two of us then? That makes us a rookie team.” I smiled back.

“Yeah, well, I was thinking if you wanna be the team leader. So, have you thought of a team name yet?” She got shy all of a sudden.

“Oh, uhh, Team Eaters?” I asked innocently.

“What? That’s a weird name! Think of another one.” She crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently.

“Alright, right. Just kidding. What about Team Devourers?” I couldn’t think of any name, maybe that should do it.

“Wow, it sounds awesome! But isn’t it a term from your home world or are you just hungry?” She raised a brow.

I laughed. “Hmm, maybe I AM hungry. What about we grab a snack?”

“Sure, let’s go to the Square.” She went outside my house and I followed her.

-----

“Whoa, this place is so huge!” I saw a lot of other weird looking Pokémons and they all seemed nice.

“You like this place? Let’s go register at the Post Office to get rescue letters. Race ya!” She ran and got the head start. I was surprised at her speed and ran after her. I was so slow, maybe I’m just not used to this body,

“Hey wait up!” I was panting very hard and she finally stopped running.

“Here we are, you slowpoke! Maybe you needed more exercise.” She grinned at me.

I looked up at the sky and saw birds with big beaks flying around carrying letters. I was in awe and I couldn’t talk.

“Hey Rindou? You have been spacing out a lot! See, they’re Pelipers. They fly around carrying rescue letters to rescue teams! Isn’t it cool?

“Yeah. I think I’m excited to go on a mission.” I grinned.

“Me too! Oh, we’re gonna be a great team! Thanks for joining me.” She high-fived me and I thought of my world. How are they doing at Fenrir now? Oh well.

-----

“Okay, so we’re a rescue team now. Hmm, about the snack…” I reminded her.

“Yeah. Sorry I almost forgot, come with me.” She pulled my hand and led me to a store. She bought two apples and hand over one to me.

“An apple?” I look puzzled.

“What? No, it’s not just AN apple. It’s a special apple that fills up our tummy pronto. Try it.” She smiled and took a bite.

I observed the apple in my hand and finally ate it. It does fill up my stomach. This apple tastes better than the apple in my world.

“Hello there? Mr. Spaced out. You’re doing it again. So, how is the apple?” She frowned.

“Sorry, hmm, it’s delicious. I think I’m starting to like apples.” I smiled.

“Oh, that’s great! Then, Imma give you a lot of apples next time!” She laughed, satisfied with my answer.

-----

Charm seemed so happy today. She looks so cute; I wonder what she would look like as a human being? Maybe still a cute girl with an upbeat personality. What would she say if she had arrived at Fenrir? Maybe-

Charm suddenly snapped me out of my reverie. “Oh man, Rindou! Hello? It’s that infamous spaced out thingy again! What’s on your mind anyway?” She asked impatiently.

“Uhh, sorry Charm. It’s nothing. Maybe I’m just a little tired, that’s all.”

“Oh, don’t be such a wimp! You’re just making excuses. I bet you’re missing your home world.” She looked away and seemed hurt.

“I’m sorry.” That was all I could say.

“Hah! It’s fine. Ha ha. You fell for it! You’re weird. Well, see you tomorrow then. I can’t wait for our first mission!” She grinned and waved at me goodbye. Hmm, weird? Who’s weird? She’s the one who is weird here! She’s being moody all of a sudden. This girl is so unpredictable.