Chapter 4: Tripping

“Don’t worry, we’ll find it,” I said to Spoink reassuringly to stop her from crying. We might attract other Pokémons’ attention if we’re not careful enough.

“How about we split up?” Spoink suggested while wiping her tears away.

“We can’t. Charm is our only source of light. It will be too dangerous to get separated.” I said while looking at the direction where the pearl rolled.

“Let’s go look for Pichu first. She needs us!” Charm suggested and we both agreed.

-----

We followed the source of Pichu’s scream and we finally arrived at an opening where there is a huge lake in the middle of it.

“A lake?” Charm looked around and saw no one.

“Pichu!” I called out her name but there’s no response.

Spoink was speechless and turned around in disappointment. But before she could turn around, a cat-like Pokémon with huge claws attacked her.

“There is no escape.” The Pokémon smiled while blocking the way from where we came from.

“Who are you?!” Charm demanded at the Pokémon as the flame on her tail blazed fiercely.

“Heh heh. Who am I? Why…I’m Zangoose.” Zangoose raised her claws as I saw few droplets of blood dripping from her claws.

“What the-?!” I quickly turned my head and saw that Spoink had fainted on the ground.

“What did you do to her?!” Charm said through gritted teeth as she glared at Zangoose.

“Well, I poisoned her. It won’t be long until she dies. Mwa ha ha ha!” Zangoose laughed and Charm was pissed off.

“You freak! I’ll use Flamethrower on you!” Charm shot flames through her mouth but Zangoose just dodged. Oh wait! What did Charm just do? She had powers? I wish I could do that.

“MOVE IT! YOU’RE SPACING OUT AGAIN!” Charm shouted at me and I quickly dodged Zangoose’s attack.

“I-I’m sorry. That was close. How did you do that flame thing?” I asked Charm as I moved far away from Zangoose.

“What? Well, uhh… It just comes out naturally. Just follow my lead.”

“Uhh, okay! Flamethrower?!?!” I opened my mouth and nothing came out.

“Hah! You fool!” Zangoose laughed and tackled me to a nearby wall.

“Ouch!” I exclaimed as I held my head.

“Don’t be such a Baka! Follow your instinct Rindou!” Charm shouted at me from far away.

“Right.” I stood up and with all of my strength. I opened my mouth and shot bullets.

Zangoose was caught-off guard and got shot-off into the lake.

“What did I just do?” I asked Charm as I approached her.

“You just used Bullet Seed.” Charm smiled at me.

“Cool.” I felt so proud of myself.

“Wait. Where’s Spoink?” Charm looked around but Spoink vanished.

“Crap. We need to find her quickly! We need to cure-” Before I could finish my sentence. I heard a laugh from behind us.

“Looking for them?” A snake-like Pokémon was gripping both of Pichu and Spoink in its tail.

“You! Who are you? Let go of them!” I glared at the Pokémon as it just tightens its grip even more on the two unconscious Pokémons. They both winced in pain then I began to charge straight at the Pokémon.

“Ha ha. Too slow! I’m Seviper, by the way.” Seviper dodged but got tripped over a huge ball. Seviper finally released both Pichu and Spoink as it rolled on the ground. That ball was Spoink’s pearl.

“Ha ha! Who’s laughing now?” I smiled mischievously but got hit behind my head.

“Don’t be so cocky Rindou!” Charm frowned at me.

“It’s not over yet!” Seviper rose but got attacked by Zangoose.

“Ah, my long time rival trying to steal my lunch.” Zangoose bared its teeth and they both began fighting.

“Quick, let’s run away.” Charm told me quietly as we both picked up Spoink and Pichu, and then found a way to escape the cave.

-----

“Thanks Rindou and Charm! You saved us. Thanks about the Pecha berry. Spoink nodded happily as the pearl was back on her head.

“But how can we repay you both?” Pichu frowned.

“Oh no, it’s nothing. We just love helping people. We don’t accept payments in return.” Charm smiled reassuringly to the both of them.

“Oh? What about we join your rescue team? We love helping people too.” Pichu said excitedly.

“That sounds fun! It’s a great idea.” Spoink agreed enthusiastically.

“Sure thing!” Charm and I said in unison.

We were all happy and went home to celebrate about the success of our first mission.