Week Four

Sunday, June 16th...Continued

"Mom. Dad" he states. I watch as understanding washes over Smackle and I close my eyes, hoping to disappear. "Yes that would be who we are" his mother begins. Her heels click across the floor as she steps towards them. "And who exactly would this little gold digger be?"

"Did she just-?" I shoot my boyfriend a glare as Mrs. Minkus stares at Smackle, awaiting her response. I had no idea how Farkle was going to get out of this one. He was in deep shit. It was clear that something had gone on between them; I mean, they were the definition of disheveled.

"I'm waiting" Jennifer states looking away from Smackle to her son. If there were ever a time for Farkle to prove himself to Smackle, it would be now. I wait with bated breath along with everyone else, dying to know how he was going to explain this.

"S-she's no one." I release a sigh, shaking my head as the lie leaves his lips. Smackle whips her head around, gaping at him seemingly in true disbelief that he could just dismiss her so easily. I couldn't blame her though. She had given a piece of herself to him, she had trusted him and he had done nothing but break her heart in return and make her look like trash in front of his family. "I met her last night."

I scoff, muttering under my breath, "unbelievable." Lucas' arm wraps around my waist and I'm brought back to the night I was faced with the same decision Farkle is now and how I definitely made the right decision in telling my family about Lucas. I wouldn't be here in his arms right now had I made a different choice.

"Then I think you've well overstayed your welcome" Jennifer snips, practically ordering Smackle to leave in not so many words. "And I do hope that you'll use the upmost discretion about whatever happened between you and our son last evening."

"If not, I'm sure we can convince you" Stewart adds, digging into his suit jacket for what I can only assume is his checkbook.

Smackle looks on the verge of tears. "I'm really not interested in your money. I won't tell a soul about what happened between us. I swear." And then she's walking towards the front door.

I gape at my best friend, in disbelief that he's really allowing this to happen right now. "Farkle" I exclaim but he simply stands there and watches her walk away.

Monday, June 17th

Almost twenty-four hours had passed since my best friend sank his relationship to the bottom of the damn ocean and I still couldn't believe it. I had spent the entirety of yesterday stewing in anger over what Farkle had done to someone he claimed to love. But then again, I'm reminded that he outed my relationship with Lucas without caring about the consequences.

My entire life I had thought my best friend escaped the curse of having wealth but yesterday proved that he would hurt anyone to keep the cushioned life he was accustomed to. And I wasn't sure I wanted to be associated with him anymore. He had not only hurt me but someone who was becoming my friend, a girl who didn't deserve the way she was treated. "Morning."

I look up from my milk-less Frosted Flakes and find Farkle standing in front of the fridge looking for something to eat for breakfast.

I'm regretting getting up before Lucas. I really didn't want to be alone with my best friend right now...I was too afraid of murdering him. "Hi." I reply shortly, eating another handful of my cereal.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Why the long face? Something bothering you...aside from the fact that you're eating that cereal with no milk" he teases and normally I'd give into his attempt at banter but right now I'd like to give into my urge to punch him.

"How are you acting like nothing happened yesterday?" I snap, glaring at him. "What you did to Smackle-."

"Was necessary. My parents were on the warpath. I saved her."