09

THIRD PERSON'S VIEW.

"son! you're finally home!"

seonghwa and jaehee were both greeted by mrs park, seonghwa's mother. both females were in shock while seonghwa was silently cursing to himself because he had forgotten that his mother was supposed to have dinner with him.

"eomma its not-" before seonghwa could even finish his sentence, mrs park was jumping up and down like a child.

"did the lord hear my prayers?! oh my god!" mrs park squealed in excitement, looking at her son and the girl beside him.

while mrs park was being all excited, both seonghwa and jaehee had this awkward atmosphere surrounding them.

CHOI JAEHEE'S POV

should i get out? maybe i should. i was about to tap seonghwa's shoulder but his mom interrupted me from doing so.

"son, what are you doing? go prepare dinner while i talk to this beautiful young lady here." mrs park said with a huge smile. i looked at seonghwa and saw that he reluctantly nodded before making towards his, i suppose, kitchen.

"i-i think i should go." i said nervously because i wasn't technically comfortable in this situation. "wont you have dinner with us?" mrs park asked, holding my hands so i could fall into her trap.. unfortunately, i did.

"o-okay." i answered back.

so, the bag i saw seonghwa carry earlier was to make dinner for his mom? aw thats kinda cute.

as i was still in my thoughts, mrs park had dragged me gently towards the small dining table near the kitchen. the table only had four chairs and i sat across from her.

"what's your name, young lady?" mrs park asked. "c-choi jaehee.." i replied, still kind of nervous.

"dont be so nervous , darling! just be comfortable with me." she said with a bright smile once again. i just nodded, returning back a smile.

it was silent for a few minutes until she suddenly grabbed my hands into hers. "please take care of my son well. please dont hurt him.. he's been through enough." mrs park said while looking at me in the eye with her teary eyes.

i was a bit confused but i agreed anyways.

"don't worry mrs park, ill be a good friend to him and take care of him well.." i said with also teary eyes at the thought of mrs park.

it must be nice to have a mother like this huh? she's so perfect, caring and supporting.. everything you would want in a mother. she's also very warm and welcoming.. seonghwa must be so lucky to have a mom like her..

"darling, are you okay?" she asked me, making me come back to reality.

was i crying?

i wiped the tears away and let out small laugh, "dust went in my eye hahaha" i said. she looked a bit worried but reluctantly released my hands from hers.

"eomma! can you help cook the meat?" seonghwa yelled from the kitchen softly. i saw mrs park glare slightly as a joke then she suddenly began clapping her hands.

"honey, could you help my son out? im sure you are a better cook than me!" mrs park exclaimed with a bright smile. i tilted my head in confusion but did not want to have an awkward atmosphere, so i just nodded and made my way towards the kitchen, where seonghwa was.

THIRD PERSON'S VIEW.

as jaehee made her way towards the kitchen, mrs park just admired the small girl's figure with a smile.