18

THIRD'S PERSON VIEW

it was only one day left before the project was due. both seonghwa and jaehee had long forgotten about the project when suddenly he was reminded of it because he ran out of excuses to hang out with his crush.

so here they were, in jaehee's apartment. it was probably seonghwa's unlucky day because both yunho and san were present in her room that day. earlier, the two best friends decided to watch a movie together and crash at jaehee's place.

she obviously did not mind them hanging out there and seonghwa had told her about the project during the afternoon. it was too late.

"stop stealing my popcorn!" yunho yelled, snatching his popcorn from san. he frowned at the older and crossed his arms to show that he was clearly sulking. "so annoying, I swear." yunho sighed and pushed the popcorn back into san's hands.

"im sorry, they are pretty loud." jaehee said softly and shook her head. seonghwa laughed and said that he didn't mind. however, his heart said otherwise. he just wanted to have his moment with her but then again, he wouldn't want to seem like he was too desperate for her love.

"alright, should we get started then?" seonghwa asked, placing a few papers of research that he had done last minute just to impress the girl in front of him. jaehee slowly grabbed the papers and was in complete awe at his efforts in doing the research.

"cool, you came prepared. that just make things easier. thanks, hwa." she said and smiled towards him. seonghwa was taken aback by the sudden nickname. even worse, the cute smile she had given him. as a result, he was a stuttering mess.

"a-ah, its no problem. I l-like doing things early, you see." he gave an awkward smile and she just laughed at his attitude.

she took her computer out and placed it on the small coffee table that separated the both of them from each other.

they were both sitting on the floor since jaehee didnt buy any chairs but seonghwa didn't mind that. after a few laughs shared, they both became serious and finally started planning out the project.

during the movie, yunho kept glancing towards the two partners without realizing and san was getting annoyed that yunho wasn't focusing on his favourite movie; Spiderman.

"yah, if youre so bothered, why don't you go up and confess?" san whispered, nudging the boy beside him. yunho's eyes widened and he quickly smacked the life out of san. then they started bickering like usual.

jaehee rolled her eyes and stood up from the floor.

"where are you going?" seonghwa asked, finishing up the last bits of the project.

"on my way to beat up the kids on the couch." jaehee smile evily, cracking her knuckles for preparation. seonghwa looked at her with a confused expression and glanced at the couch to see yunho strangling a hopeless san.

"come here, you idiots!" jaehee exclaimed, hovering over yunho who finally stopped strangling san. he suddenly got flustered but that all vanished when she was pulling on his ear along with san's.

"ow ow ow!" yunho and san whined, grabbing her wrist to stop the pain but she just let out a sigh. "we're sorry jaejae~" san said desperately, wanting the pain to go away and she finally let go.

she flicked their foreheads and then returned to seonghwa like nothing happened.

"so where were we?" she smiled.

"oh? hahaha uh- we were finishing up ma'am- i mean jaehee." seonghwa stuttered after and he couldnt hide his slight fear of an angry jaehee.

"sorry, did i scare you? im sure it didnt hurt that much. right yuyu?" jaehee asked the boy behind her which had a red ear.