Holidays

(Dictatious x Half-Troll!Reader)

Christmas was your favorite holiday.

Dictatious found your holiday spirit annoying.

"Darling!" You call out to him and planting a kiss on his nose ", It's time to head out!"

You'd been planning this trip for weeks, excited to see your mother and father and introduce them to your partner. Dictatious was less than excited to meet your parents.

"Must I go?" Dictatious pleads with a pathetic look on his face, you let a small hiss escape your lips, he did this every year.

"Dictatious," You growl out, " Darling, we have been together for three years and you still think you can escape this. Let's go or we are going to miss our Gyersphere, did you bring a book for the beach?"

Dictatious growls and takes your hand in his own, mumbling about human traditions being the death of him. Dictatious was hesitant about meeting your parents, you knew this, he'd told you many times. You led the pale green troll the Gyer-Station, a grin on your face, you rarely got to see your mother and Kaius.

Kaius was your father, of course, a kruberan troll who fell for your mother. Your mother, Natalie, was a clever and kind woman who'd shared the feelings for the troll and after three years of marriage had decided to produce a child, a half-troll. You remember your childhood fondly, your mother brushing the blue-collar of fur around your neck, Kiaus taking you to get your first tattoo, and the holidays of course. 

You hold Dictatious had as the Gyersphere takes off towards the tropical island that your parents lived on, excitement unable to hid its' self, you bounced on your seat slightly.

"Won't you calm down?" Dictatious said nervously ", You are making me even more anxious now that we are on our way."

"Baby," You say with a sigh ", It's okay. Kiaus isn't going to hate you, I promise."

Dictatious nuzzles into your arms as the Gyer hults to a stop at the station, you stand and help the blind troll to his feet. You could hear your father calling out for you, your mother's quiet voice calling as well. Your ears perk up at the sounds of their voices, you nearly drag your partner off the Gyer and into the arms of your parents. 

Natalie wraps her arms around your neck sinking her face into the fluffy fur around your neck and nearly sobbing with excitement. You wrap your arms around your mother and grin, you love her so much, you feel your father wrap his strong stone arms around you and your mother. You release your mother and smile up at Kiaus, "Heya Daddy!!"

"How are you doing, Scout?" You smile as your father uses his pet name for you.

"I'm great!" You smile and reach for Dictatious who stook there like a rock out of place ", Daddy, Momma, this is Dictatious. My Partner."

Dictatious looks nervously around, unable to see what your parents looked like or where they were.

"Is he alright, sweetie?" Natalie asks you anxiously her hands fidgeting at her side.

"Oh!" You gasp nervously, you'd forgotten to tell your parents ", Dictatious is blind."

Your father looks confused ", You're being courted by a blind troll?"

"Yes, Daddy," You say huffily ", He's a writer and a historian. He's absolutely wonderful."

"I don't doubt that he is, sweetheart," You mother sighs and takes her husband's hand in her own ", It's wonderful to meet you, Dictatious."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mam," Dictatious says with a nervous smile ", And you too, sir."

Kiaus laughs and smiles at the Sixyed troll ", Please, Sir is too formal, call me Kiaus. It's good to finally see my daughter settled down with a respectable troll for once."

"Daddy!!"

. . .

The trip to your childhood home was long and tiring, but the feeling of excitement that filled your stomach kept you from resting. Dictatious was less nervous but he didn't seem as happy as he usually was, you didn't ask him what was wrong, not in front of your parents. Natalie showed you where you and Dictatious would be staying for the trip and smiled, "Breakfast will be ready at dusk, don't sleep in."

She closed the door behind her. You smiled, she still lived the day cycle of a troll, old habits died hard. You set your suitcase on the end of your bed and led Dictatious to a chair in the corner, he sat in silence as you unpacked your case, looking towards the floor.

"Dictatious?" You say as you slip into a short, thin nightgown ", Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

"This makes me anxious," DIctatious responds with a small snap ", Your father is a Krubera. They don't like me."

"You think that war has anything to do with how my father will treat you?"

"Yes, I do."

You glide over to him and envelope him in your long arms, pressing your cheek to his, he wraps his four arms around you.

"Baby," You whisper in his ear ", I love you unconditionally, fully and with all my heart. My father was a soldier who fought in that war, a war that you helped start, yes. But you helped end it too. That is a redeemable quality to me."

"But to him..." Dictatious whimpers ", I could just be a monster..."

"Dictatious Galadrigal," You say strongly helping him stand ", You are far from a monster. You are smart and kind. You are my lover, my life. I don't have to listen to what the world thinks of you, because I know you better."

Dictatious smiles and allows you to lead him to bed, he playfully shoves you onto the bed and towers over you with a grin on his face. You sit up and press your nose to his, he presses back, breathing in sync with you. You pull him onto you and he grins, nipping at your neck slightly.

"Dictatious," You whisper as he kisses  flat of your glowing stomach ", you are not a monster."

He smiles and says ", Darling, I'm a monster in bed."

You smile

. . .

You wake up a little bit before dusk, your long hair was ripped out of its bedtime bun and your nightgown had been torn to shreds, some of which still lay on the floor and bed. You stretch and throw the covers off of you and onto a sleeping Dictatious, you dressed quietly so you didn't wake him and head to your Parent's kitchen.

Kiaus sat near your mother, a huge pot in one of his hands, filled with black coffee you assumed. Natalie had her lips pursed and her eyes were heavy. You cocked your head and shrugged sticking your head into the silverware drawer and grabbing a handful of spoons.

"Night Momma, Night Daddy," You said with a spoon hanging from your lips ", How'd you sleep."

You father glared at you slightly ", I didn't know that my little girl had such a..."

"You can't have sex all day, Sweetie," You mother interrupts ", At least not as loud as you and this troll were! We bearly got a good days' rest!"

You feel a blush cross your cheeks and the glowing patterns across your face dimmed slightly, "S-sorry Momma! I didn't realize-!"

"What's the room damage, Scout?" Kiaus asks with a hesitant smile and he nudges his wife with his large purple nose.

"Just my hair tie and my nightgown," You say with a sheepish smile ", That's it. I promise"

"Well now you know what to get her for Christmas," Dictatious laughed from behind you and you spin around to see the huge smile on his face ", Hair ties and nightgowns."

You smile and wrap your arms around him, kissing his cheek and resting your head on his shoulder.

"I love you," You whisper quietly into his ear.

"I love you too," Dictatious whispered back, but loud enough for your parents to hear.