First Mission!

"Oi Finral! I need to go take a dump!" Captain Yami yelled out. I was sitting at the bases dining room nursing some injuries I got. After the whole introduction thing I was put into a 'initiation' of sorts. It was...painful but I passed at least. That Thread Magic sure is amazing. "Oh, before I forget." Yami said turning to me as Finral opened a portal for him to the toilet. "You're gonna be goin on a mission with Grey so get ready." The Captain said as he stepped through; Finral gave a sweat drop at the Captain's actions before helping his junior out a bit.

  "The mission is relatively easy: there's some bandits messing with a town- taking their harvests, killing livestock, wrecking up buildings. You just gotta stop them. Oh! Before you go can you give these out to any cute girls you see?" Finral asked handing me a small stack of cards with...his name and details about himself. I sighed and pocketed them.

"Whatever; Grey! You ready to go?" I called out as the large man came up behind me and nodded. "Cool, send us there Finral." I said to him. He leaned a bit with teary eyes.

"Even though I've got seniority he demands things." He said light heartedly before opening another portal. "Be safe you two!" Finral said as we walked threw.

On the other side after we warped was a small group of old looking houses; the grass around it was nice, and the wind blew soothingly as if the place was a spot of tranquility in itself. They had a barn being moved in and out of with people carrying crops in various ways. "That must be the target for the bandits then. That too." I say pointing out the livestock pens for Grey. He nods when he looks over the animals, a small amount considering the pen size. "If they're expecting us then I guess we should just go up to them. Let's go Grey." I say walking forward as he follows.

As we walk I keep a sharp eye out. There were some tree covered areas to the west of our position while facing the buildings; probably where the bandits would strike from. I look back at my partner: he's a strong silent type from what I've seen, and only Captain Yami knows of my condition (of both magic related, mental related, and origin), so I'll have to play it safe. If I'm not careful then I might decay his magic away on accident along with the villages crops. That makes me wonder why Captain Yami chose to send me here. Suddenly I hear a poof and tune to see Grey no longer looking like a large man, but instead they were me.

  "So Rivio, how do you want to do this?" He asked with my voice. Not gonna lie it was kinda creepy to hear and see myself like this.

  "Transformation magic huh? Interesting. Anyway we should first establish a place to stay over night with them. Along with that we should tell them we are here to actually help and not rob them." I say to him. He nods making my long hair move with his head; I'm never gonna get used to that it would seem. We reach the end of the hill and walk into the village proper where eyes don't cease to stare at us. With how many bandit raised they must get I can't blame them; anyone who's an outsider with a Grimoire could be a threat.

  An older man with a young girl around 15, my age, walked up to us. We both stopped a good five feet away from one another as Grey turned back into his normal form. "Outsiders!" The older man started. "What do you seek here?! As you can see we already have little to offer aside from our harvest. If you wish to rob us like your bandit buddies then turn back! We have requested Magic Knights to assist us and they will be here any time now." He said. I sighed as I pointed to my robe- the towns people flinching at the sudden movement mind you- and directed my finger toward the Black Bull's insignia. I had asked and gotten Vanessa to modified the robe to a large extent: instead of being on either of my shoulders it's like a one sided cloak, and to feel more at home I had added some grey and black fur to the edges. Ever since coming here I've found the longing for cold weather and fluffy clothes so it helps quench that a bit. It covered my left side down to just above the knee a bit; the side I also had my Grimoire stored on.