Chapter 1

Marvin's POV

Willowbrook, Washington

"Cookies are ready!" sang my grandmother, from the kitchen. My younger sister, Susan ran down the stairs to the kitchen, with a huge grin on her face. She really loved cookies. I walked downstairs, shortly thereafter, and the smell of chocolate chip cookies, entered my nostrils. My grandmother was standing by the tray of cookies, each lined up, row by row.

"Yay, cookies!" exclaimed Susan.

"Careful, they're hot, honey!" chuckled my grandmother. "Don't burn your pretty little fingers, now!"

"I'll wait till they cool off!" said Susan, showing off her cute smile. She had a beautiful smile for a ten year old. "Wait till the cookies cool off, Marvin!"

"I know, Susan," I said. "I heard what Grandma said." The cookies eventually cooled off, and Susan excitedly grabbed some. I got some, and Grandma poured us each a glass of milk.

"Chocolate chip cookies aren't complete without a glass of milk!" said my grandmother, winking at us. "You two have to be home, soon! It's a school night!"

"We know, Grandma!" I sighed. Susan dipped her cookies in her milk. I just ate mine, and drank the milk.

"It's raining out," said my grandmother, looking out the window. "Supposed to rain all night."

"I hate the rain!" pouted Susan. "Why can't it be sunny?"

"It's just the way it is, Susan," I said. "This is the Pacific Northwest, after all.

"Rainy days stink!" said Susan. "I can't go outside, and play on the swings!"

"Ah, that's too bad, dearie!" said my grandmother. "You can always read, ya know?"

"I guess," said Susan, still making a pouty face.

"Looks like you got chocolate all over your jeans, Susan!" said my grandmother.

"Oopsie daisy!" giggled Susan.

"Wash those jeans, when you get home, okay?"

"I don't know how to do my own laundry, yet," replied Susan. "Mom and Dad, don't want me using the washing machine, unsupervised."

"I'll wash them," I said. "We should probably get going. Bye, Grandma! Come on, Susan, get up!"

"I'm watching Tom and Jerry, right now!" whined Susan.

"You can watch Tom and Jerry, when we get home, now get up!"

"I'm too lazy to get up!"

I sighed, and picked up my sister, and Grandma opened the door for us. I put my sister down, so she could put on her rain boots, and raincoat. I put on my gray hoodie, and kissed my grandmother good bye. Susan was wrapped in a big bear hug. "Have a good night, my wonderful grandchildren! Grandma loves you!" she sang.

"We love you too, Grandma!" we both said. We walked outside, in the gentle rain, to get in my green 2003 Cadillac DeVille. The windshield wipers, were in operation, and I drove us home.

A/N Hey, guys! What did you think of this chapter? What do you think about Marvin, Susan, and their grandmother? Jodi will be introduced in the next chapter! Don't be a silent reader! Please show some love, by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this story! Thanks, guys! Love you all! ❤❤😘💙💙😘💙😘💙😘💙