○•°f o u r°•○

Seven.

Thats how many people were on the bus with schlatt when he got on at his house. Those people were loud, though. He began to walk and saw a hand reach up and gesture to sit down. He noticed the way the long sleeve fell, knowing it was his friend.

He smiled, walking back to the seat and sliding in next to him "hey, schlatt." He said quietly. It made schlatt glow and smile "Hi, wilbur."

"Listen, im not sure what im doing this weekend, but if you wanted, you coulddddd come over and hang out?"

Schlatt nodded eagerly "of course, thatd be cool. Maybe i could spend the night..? Id let you come to my house but my dads kinda weird..."

"Oh, sure, ill ask my mum tonight"
"Alright, cool

○ ¤ ¤ ¤ ○

Techno grabbed the piece of paper and ripped it in half, a clean-ish tear. He wrote down some things and signed it '-Johnathan' He folded it up and put the name 'Wilbur' on the front.

He found out where his locker was and slipped it in one of the holes. "Now, we wait."

○ ¤ ¤ ¤ ○

Wilbur found schlatt, walking up to him "Oh, hey Wilbur,' schlatt said
"Hey," he said back simply "uh, listen, about your letter.. i had.. no idea you felt that way. I mean- the words are so passionate and beautiful, and... i just never knew. Ive only known you for a few weeks,"

Schlatt stopped him, confused "wait, wait, what letter?" He asked
"The one you signed with your name on it and put in my locker," he said, pulling the half piece of paper from his pocket and showing schlatt the signature.

"What the hell? I didnt write this." He looked up, confused "this isnt even how i talk, let alone write,," he was blushing insanely.

"Then- who did?" Wilbur asked, staring at the paper, reading it over again.

Schlatt was thinking of anyone it could be. Not Connor(?), hes not that cruel. Carson, maybe? One of wilburs friends? No, they knew him as jschlatt and had no classes with him..

"Techno," schlatt said, staring at the paper "theres no way it wasnt him."

"Thas that guy who made you run into me a few weeks ago, right?" Schlatt nodded "theres no way id write something like that.." he looked away, blushing.

Suddenly, connor walked up to schlatt and punched him "connor, wheres Dave?" He asked, ignoring the gesture.

"Probably behind the school like a bAd KiD" he said in a mocking tone.

"Thanks." He walked to where techno most likely was,, and saw him and his 'Empire' as he called it

"Techno," schlatt yelled to him. He looked up from his phone, frowning. His back stiffened as he stood up, walking up to schlatt slowly and looking down at him "the fuck are you doing back here?"

Wilbur saw the boys were both shorter than him and pulled schlatt away, getting in front of him "okay, shortie, listen, that letter you wrote and put in my locker? That wasnt cool, okay?"

Techno rolled his eyes, shoving wilbur back, making him run into schlatt.

Wilbur sighed, stepping back forward while he rolled up his oversized sleeves to his elbows, revealing a long scar running up his arm. Techno clenched his fist, throwing his arm to the side and punched wilbur in the nose.

Wilbur stumbled back again, covering his nose. He moved his hands away and saw blood covering his fingers.

Schlatt moved forward next to wilbur. He wasnt going to let anyone hurt his friend and get away with it. He balled up his fist and hooked it into technos stomach harshly, making him cough.

Techno glared down up at wilbur "kid,," he said quietly "you might wanna leave before you two get hurt." He said, feeling himself get lifted off the ground by his shirt collar "watch what you say, techno."

Howd he-- techno laughed, raising his foot and kicking it in between wilburs legs, making him drop techno and fall. "Fucking hell-" wilbur looked up, seeing schlatt frozen with fear and a foot coming at him. He fell back, the pressure forming around his chin.

Techno grabbed schlatts shirt as wilbur had just done to him, raising his knee and thrusting it into his gut. Schlatt wrapped his arms around his stomach, groaning his pain as he was slammed against the wall.

He felt hands tightly wrap around his neck, suffocating him. He kicked his feet, reaching for the fingers around his neck, gasping for air. Wilbur sat up, grabbing technos foot but being quickly kicked away.

Techno whipped around, feeling something punch him in the head. He dropped schlatt and stared at connor. He slammed his fist into connors stomach and watched him fall to the ground.

He stared down at schlatt and put his foot over his stomach, applying pressure. He lefted off the ground with his other foot "bitch," he spat.

Schlatt used his hands to get his foot off him, failing.

Techno took his foot away and stood at the ground. "Stay off my turf, if you wanna live," he retorted He kicked wilbur and schlatt in the sides and walked back to his friends.

All three of them made their way away from technos 'empire', and into the school

○ ¤ ¤ ¤ ○

Schlatt hobbled down the sidewalk to wilburs friend, staring ahead into the night. He got to the house that wilbur was sleeping in and approached it, knocking loudly. His mom came out

"Hello-? Oh, are you one of Wilburs friends?" She asked him. He nodded "hes asleep right now," she stated, ignoring the kids broken appearence.

"I need to talk to him, please, its important."

She hummed and decided since he looked so awful, he could come in. "His rooms in the back. Upstairs"

Schlatt nodded, walking up the long stairs and down the hall, pushing open the door. He saw a small illuminating glow from the ceiling. There were red LED lights hanging up around the walls. There was another light coming from the bed. "Wilbur?"

Wilbur turned around, hearing his voice "schlatt?" He asked, getting up. He hadnt had anything on except for a tshirt and his boxers "why are you here? Its midnight- are you,okay? What happened?"

"I sort of-- got kicked out by my dad.." he admitted "whyd he kick you out?" Wilbur asked.

"I dont know, i was just talkingnto him, he just blew up- and he punched me and kicked me out with nothing," he gestured to himself being in the same clothes from the day

Wilbur wrapped an arm around his shoulders, taking him to the bathroom. He began to clean the wounds and bandage the cuts, schlatt was making sure he didnt flinch to seem strong, despite the fact he had tears running down his face

"You can stay here, schlatt," he said once he was done. He called out into the hall "Mum! Can my friend stay with us for a while?? He got kicked out of his house and he needs a place to live"

"Hes welcome to stay as long as he needs!" She called back.

"Guess youre living here," he said, taking him to his room. "You can have the bed, ill sleep on the floor." He said, shutting the door. The red light luminated around the room

"No! I mean- we can bith sleep in your bed,, it seems big enough anyways."

Wilbur shrugged as schlatt got into the bed, climbing in with him "alright," he said, laying down with schlatt, they bith difted off to sleep relatively quick.