Chapter one

Deep in the shadows...

...we meet our first protagonist, Mephiles the Dark lurking around and looking for his lookalike, Shadow the Hedgehog. To find him with two other hedgehogs, named Amy Rose and Sapphire Hawthorne; Mephiles is quick to know their names, but is unaware of how they know Shadow. Mephiles approaches the romantic trio, to be noticed by Shadow.

"What are you doing here?" Shadow asks, unimpressed

"I'm after you, actually." Mephiles answers

"Who are you?" Sapphire asks, curious

"I'm Mephiles the Dark. I think we've met before"

"Oh, right. You look like Shadow, are you his twin?"

"We are not twins. He's just copied my looks." Shadow answers, getting irritated

"Are you alright babe?" Amy asks

"I'll be fine, once this faker's out of my face."

"That's not nice." Mephiles answers, teasing

"I couldn't care less. You were sealed away years ago, I don't understand how you've got out."

Mephiles and Shadow are soon giving each other angry glares. Soon after, Silver appears as if on cue.

"What's going on?" Silver asks

Mephiles looks up and sees Silver, and blushes. Silver soon notices Mephiles, admiring his body and blushes soon after. Sapphire notices and smiles, becoming happier.

"Looks like someone likes Silver." Sapphire says, teasing

Mephiles quickly looks away, still blushing.

"That's absurd, you're talking trash." Mephiles reacts, blushing harder

"And looks like someone likes Mephiles." Amy teases Silver

"That's ridiculous, how could I possibly like Shadow's... copy?" Silver reacts, also blushing harder

"Ooh, Meph and Silver sitting in a tree, holding hands and kissing!" Amy teases

Mephiles and Silver are blushing harder, once more.

"Aside from that, Sapphire can I talk to you a minute?" Silver asks

"Sure, let's go somewhere else." Sapphire answers

Sapphire and Silver go somewhere else and start talking.

"What's needed, Silv?" Sapphire asks

"I was wondering if you're ready to forgive me yet."

"I've held grudges against you for long enough, and it doesn't feel too great."

Sapphire thinks for a while and soon comes to a decision.

"I think, I've come to the point where I'm ready to forgive you for what you've done. Since the grudges are doing more damage than what you've done. So, yes I'm willing to forgive you."

Silver is soon smiling, in happiness and turns his head away as he blushes.

"Are you alright, Silv?"

"About what you and Amy were saying before. What's his name?"

"His name is Mephiles. Why?"

"I like him. I know, he looks a lot like Shadow. But, he's kinda cute and he's got something."

"You've got a crush on him, right?"

Silver soon blushes hard, possibly thinking dirty thoughts. Sapphire notices that Silver's deep in thought.