Three

Alex

* stomach noises*
This is not what I need right now, I say as I lean back in my dressing room chair.

* knock on the door
"Alex it's chip can I come in?"

You always find your way in anyways so does it make a difference if I say no?

" just checking in this morning. You need anyth... wow hey are you alright? You look like you're in pain"

Bite me , thank you captain obvious, I don't know Im not feeling too hot ever since I woke up my stomach has been in literal knots. Just cramp after cramp.

" that time of the month?"

I don't have the energy to respond to these dumb questions right now chuck but if you must know... it's not that feels like some sort of stomach bug.

" why didn't you tell me anything earlier Alex were on in 20 minutes do you think you can do the show today?"

I was hoping it would pass... I drank some seltzer water had a bagel and just sat here to see if it would go away but it hasn't. I'm going to try my best and push through

"I don't know about this alex, we can get someone to sub in real quick but you have to let me know know"

Chip looks down at his watch pacing the room

I'm going to do the show I just told you I'm going to push through.

" im sorry you're feeling like this Alex, let me know if there's anything else you need to make you more comfortable"

Alex grabs her stomach again and sits down in going to hang here for a few more minutes then I'll head to stage I already read scripts and have that covered.

~5 minutes later~

" here's some warm tea with lemon and a couple crackers" try this as well Alex. I wish you would've told me earlier I would've had a sub in place just in case.

Okay let's do this, i take a  coupe sips of tea eat a few crackers and walk toward the desk.

" finally Al cutting it a little closer than normal, huh"

Bradley's cheesy smirk quickly disappears as she looks over and sees Alex hovering over in pain.

Bradley pov :

" Alex oh my goodness are you okay...?"

Chip motions over for me i can tell he needs to tell me something urgent.

"Listen Alex is dealing with some sort of stomach issue bug she really isn't feeling great, I think you can tell by her face, she's going to try to get through the show let's just see how it goes."

* two minutes, one of the camera operators says

I nod my head then quickly walk over towards the desk and Alex who's hovering over clutching her stomach

" yeah so it would be good if you took the big headlines and we'll just give Alex the smaller ones and let her ease in and see how she feels throughout"

I got it yeah let's do that. We run through the show one more time.

I reach over to my right side and squeeze Alex's right hand. Just to let her know I got her back.

Alex looks down and embraces the subtle gesture.and squeezes my hand back.

And 3..2..1

" good morning I'm Alex levy"
" and I'm Bradley Jackson, and here are our top stories today"