-9-

⚠️This chapter contains angsty content.⚠️

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

The sounds from the heart monitor filled the room. It bounced off the walls, coming right back as soon as you felt like you had escaped it. Dizziness filled his head. It was all he felt. Like the world was spinning right before his eyes, but he was stuck, standing still, just watching as everything happened right before his eyes.

His body was limp. Drained of absolutely all energy. His heartbeat ached through his body, matching the speed and rhythm of the heart monitor. He could feel the blood pressing through his veins, going up into his head. It hurt. Why did it hurt?

He drew a deep breath, feeling his lungs ache. He felt swollen. Like a bruise. He was a bruise. Unable to move. Unable to speak. His whole existence was a burden to someone, because that's what a bruise is. A burden, painted upon the one that had fallen down. Proof that someone had failed. That's what he was.

He was a burden.

The feeling of someone shaking his shoulder lightly made him groan. He didn't have the energy for this right now. Slowly he started moving his body, giving in to the hands on his shoulders.

Minho's eyes fluttered open, after what seemed like hours of trying to open them. The boy groaned at the brightness of the room. A lamp was shining directly into his eyes, and it certainly didn't help.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" A soft voice asked form Minho's side.

He lazily turned his head over, meeting a soft pair of familiar eyes. Woojin smiled softly, while moving the hair out of Minho's eyes.

"What happened?" Minho asked, feeling his raspy dry throat hurt as he spoke.

Woojin immediately helped Minho to sit up straight in bed, and handed him a bottle of water from the nightstand.

"The doctors put you in a medically induced coma for a couple of days. Your body was very fatigued and bruised after what happened, and needed time to heal." Woojin softly answered.

Minho swollowed every last drop of water in the bottle, while listening to Woojin. Once he was finished he lowered his head with a sigh, rubbing his eyes.

"Right...."

"Are you feeling ok? You look kinda out of it. The doctors said that might be a consequence of what you went through, that and other stuff like ptsd, short term amnesia and anxiety attacks." Woojin said, worry laced in his voice.

"No no. It's not that, I just.... I had this weird feeling in my body earlier." Minho sighed and leaned onto Woojin's shoulder.

The room fell silent for a while. Minho was thankful for that, since he felt like he wouldn't be able to handle any loud noises or too much stress at the moment.

"Where are the others? Chan, Jeongin and Changbin." Minho asked after a few minutes.

He would have expected them to be there too, but they hadn't been present or mentioned by Woojin this whole time, making Minho worry.

"Changbin has been spending time with his new boyfriend, and Chan and Jeongin went to the takeout place down the road to get us some food." Woojin explained while softly running his hand through the fatigued boy's hair.

You'd think that after a couple days of sleep he'd be more energi now, but the tranquilizers weren't all out of his system yet, clearly.

"Changbin's got a boyfriend?" Minho asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Yeah, Felix. One of Jisung's friends from the boat. They got pretty close during the day we all spent at the police station. They've been together officially as of yesterday." Woojin answered, a small smile decorating his lips.

Minho lifted his head up from Woojin's body, looking at his hyung with furrowed eyebrows.

"Jisung?"

Woojin's face dropped. All he could think about was the time he had spent, trying to reassure Jisung that Minho would be awake and healthy in no time. The young boy had been so desperate to see Minho after he woke up the first day, but he wasn't allowed in until he was medically cleared.

"Yeah, Jisung is the guy you were with the whole time you were missing. Don't you remember him?"

Minho's face showed many emotions at the same time, but none inquired that he remembered any 'Jisung'.

"I'm sorry, no. I-I thought I was alone this whole time." Minho said, trailing off.

"No, you were with a guy named Jisung. He's got medium long hair, puffy cheeks, brown eyes, average physique - mabye a bit shorter than yourself. His friends says he's a funny guy, always making jokes and spreading joy." Woojin said, forcing a smile and a chuckle to get a reaction out of Minho.

Minho only looked into the bedsheets. He didn't react to anything Woojin had said yet.

"Anyways, he should be cleared in no time, since his injuries were very minor. His body was a bit bruised from the fall, especially his lower back. The doctors are assuming that he must have fallen in and hit his back, but it's almost nothing. Mabye he'll come see you once he's cleared?" Woojin forced another smile.

He felt terrible on Jisung's behalf. He had been worrying out of his mind for Minho, especially when he found out they had decided to put him into a coma. The whole group had spent hours by Jisung's side, wiping his tears and getting his mind off of the elder.

"Jisung...." Minho whispered to himself.

His mind was spinning. Images of a boy like the one Woojin had described kept popping into his head, but they always disappeared before he got to properly look at them.

Woojin looked at Minho expectantly.

"Wait did you say his lower back was injured?" Minho asked, suddenly feeling like he recognized the boy, at least a bit.

"Yeah, Felix kept joking about the sea monsters taking his virginity while he was missing, but in reality it's just a minor.... Discomfort after the fall." Woojin answered with a smile.

Minho's eyes shot open. Jisung didn't lose his virginity to a sea monster. Minho took his virginity. How could he forget. How could he forget the boy that made his heart jump out of his chest with every touch. The boy that spent hours trying to make sure Minho was ok while floating around in the middle of nowhere.

The boy that got embarrassed when Minho was trying to teach him how to properly make out with someone. The boy that hugged him tighter than he had ever been hugged when they were found by the rescue team. The boy whose lips he was addicted to. The boy whose smile made the whole world stop spinning. The boy whose laughter brushed away all his worries. The boy he had fallen so deeply in love with.