Chapter Five

AN: So, here's the next chapter of "When Love Strikes" :)

I want to thank everyone who read this far or voted for this story. It means a lot, so thank you!

Now two Marauders will make their first appearance in this story :p I hope you'll like it!

Have a nice read! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter five

“Well, that's it!” said Grainne as she put the last thing she needed in her suitcase, which happened to be a drawing pad.

She couldn't believe it was the first of September already. Ever since she'd gotten the letter of Hogwarts she'd been looking forward to this day.

And now it was finally here.

She tried to close her suitcase, but it refused to do what she wanted.

“Okay, there's only one non-magical way to do this...” Grainne pulled her suitcase on the ground and sat on it, but it still wouldn't close properly.

“By Cliodna! Why can't I close it? I didn't put that much in it.”

As if feeling her distress, her Siamese got up from her pet pillow and jumped from the bed into Grainne's lap. She could feel movement beneath her and realised that the problem was solved.

“Thanks for that!”

Her cat purred loudly, as if she was saying 'you're welcome'. As a reward Grainne pulled out a cat treat from the pocket of her faded jeans and gave it to her. She smiled at seeing how gently the cat took it from her.

Her smile turned into a grin when the last few days came back to mind.

As said before, she and the Siamese had had a lot of fun, especially when it came to her aunt. Whenever her aunt yelled at her again or came too close to her when in an angry mood, the cat would jump in between them and protect her by clawing at Morgause's leg.

As a result her aunt always stayed fifteen feet away from her as long as the Siamese was by her side... which was pretty much all the time.

The Siamese also had a sweet nature. She loved being pet and even if Grainne stopped petting her for just one second, she'd be gently rubbing her head against her owner's hand; her way of asking for more pets and hugs.

Grainne had decided to call her Ailidh, which was the Irish Celtic word for 'kind' or 'noble'. She thought that both meanings suited the Siamese, as she was very kind and had a sort of grace about her whenever Ailidh was walking or playing.

She looked at the clock above her bed, it had some images of Cobh's harbour depicted on it.

It was the town she'd been born in and where she'd lived for seven years. She swallowed upon realising that it was the only thing she'd been able to take with her that had been given to her by her parents. Of course she'd taken it without her aunt's notice on the day she was taken from her home.

Grainne couldn't remember much of that day, except that it had been raining and that it'd been very cold. Even the faces of her parents and her baby sister were nothing but a blur.

In the nine years that she'd been living with aunt Morgause, she hadn't received anything from her parents. Not even a simple letter or Christmas card.

Grainne had wondered many times why this was the case. After all, she was still their daughter, right? But as the years went by she'd cared less and less about hearing from her parents, though she would love to see them again someday.