14

Konohagakure
Uchiha Residence
Uchiha Sasuke

Once practically everyone left, Shikamaru walked over to the raven.

"Sasuke, why do you hav-"

"Why are you snooping around my house?" Sasuke crossed his arms, looking irritated as usual.

Shikamaru glanced down at the photo, but Sasuke took it out his hold as he walked by him.

"Go home, Shikamaru. We're done with today's meeting." Sasuke set the photo back on the table, brushing his thumb over the glass before looking over at Shikamaru with his usual cold glare.

Shikamaru sighed. "... what a drag," He muttered and shoved his hands in his pockets, leaving the house. "See ya', Sasuke."

"Hn,"

Sunagakure
Kazekage Tower
Sabaku No Gaara

"Don't be ridiculous, Gaara, you have no valid reason to wage war,"

"Tha-"

In the midst of their discussion, Gaara was cut off by a knock on the door of his office, and behind it, a jōnin announced his presence and asked if the Kazekage could grant him permission to enter.

The Kitsune was quickly ushered into hiding before Gaara took a seat and told the jōnin to enter the room.

The jōnin got down on one knee and bowed, as usual, to pay his respects to his kage.

The jinchuriki with heavy 'eyeliner' granted the jōnin permission to speak, and the tea was spilt.

The tea was ...

a Suna Elder was murdered !
And all evidence pointed fingers at a Konoha-nin.

Gaara did not like this tea, it was bitter, and it spilled right on top of another burn.

Not only was Konoha horrible with their negotiations, causing lots of troubles and frustrations for many, but now they have the audacity to kill a Suna Elder ?!

Once the teapot was empty, the jōnin was dismissed, and the eyebrow-less kage turned to his blond friend.

"As I was saying," Gaara cleared his throat. "That's where you're wrong. It seems you don't keep up with the politics nowadays, but Suna has many reasons to wage war against Konoha,"

Naruto stared at Gaara.
"Well damn okay,"

"Go back to Konoha, Naruto. And be prepared, for a war may be heading your way." Gaara said, in that cool sexy voice of his.

Naruto had a blank expression, the words 'oh shit' bouncing through his smooth, traumatized brain.
"Uh. Okay."

And with that, Naruto headed back to Konoha, and it was like he had never left in the first place.

Konohagakure
Ichiraku's Ramen
Uchiha Sasuke

Sasuke walked to the best ramen place in all of the 5 Great Nations. Boy, was he glad to have some time to himself, away from the obnoxious  fangirls and his annoying 'friends'.

He walked into the stall and took a seat at the counter, ordering his usual. The raven waited for his ramen, and as he did, that mask man he had been sorta spying on took a seat beside him, or well, there was an empty stool between them, but yeah.

Sasuke glanced at him from the corner of his eye, he could see parts of the golden locks under the hood, and the dull, ocean blue eyes that held little to no emotion.

The man, Naruto, ordered his food, and sat there, quietly waiting for it.
Sasuke realized he might be able to see what was under that mask.

The Uchiha thanked the man as he got his bowl of ramen, and he started eating, keeping an eye on the man beside him.

Not long after, Naruto got his bowl of ramen, and those emotionless eyes twinkled a little at the sight of the steaming bowl of hot, delicious miso ramen, extra pork, no menma, and the other typical ramen toppings.

Sasuke had a feeling he'd seen those eyes, twinkling just as such at the sight of something before. He just couldn't put his finger on it.

He watched.
He watched the man reach up for his mask, and pull it down. He had bandages covering both his cheeks, and one going across his nose. His lips were chapped and torn, but the hot and spicy ramen didn't seem to cause pain to those lips.

He ate the ramen rather quickly, chugging the soup down before asking for a refill, calmly putting his mask back up.

The workers nodded and got to making him a second bowl.

"Believe it or not.. it's rather rude to stare," Naruto looked at Sasuke, the twinkle from his eye was gone, eyes boring into the Uchiha's skull.

Sasuke was a little surprised he was caught, but it, obviously, didn't show. He turned his head towards the Namikaze-Uzumaki, looking over him. "Who are you ?" He asked, ignoring what the masked man had said.

"You're Uchiha Sasuke, aren't you? I am, no one of importance." Naruto said, tapping the table with his chopsticks.

"How come I've never seen you around before ?" Sasuke asked, rather annoyed with Naruto's answer.

"Konohagakure is a large village, with many people. You just weren't looking hard enough." Naruto looked back ahead as the man gave him another bowl of ramen.

Naruto pulled his mask back down, and Sasuke openly watched, before he turned back and continued eating his own ramen.

"You remind me of someone I knew," Sasuke said after a few minutes of silence.

Naruto stared off as he ate, finishing his ramen and placing money on the table before he looked at Sasuke.

"That person is long gone,"

He stood up, pulling his mask back up and leaving the stall, leaving Sasuke to stare after him.