Chapter 4

Mark has been dating Jackson for half a year already. It was all so dream-like. He never liked betas before, neither did he favored any alphas. He liked to think he was a dependent omega, didn’t need anyone to sweep him off his feet. For him, alphas were just a bunch of arrogant and hard-headed creatures anyways. Most of them were demanding, and always used their alphas superiority to assert dominance and that was the thing he hated the most.

Yes, he was actually an omega. But as his passion for business was something their family approved of (it was the Tuan’s legacy), his father gave him permission to lead as long as he wore scent blockers and took his suppressants regularly. This is because although society nowadays included omegas in work field compared to old days where the only thing omegas can do is produce heir, it is still too much if they became the boss. Mark called bullshit.

Alas, he had no other choice but to accept the condition. He didn't know if his employees noticed his so called 'overseas meeting' twice a year. But he never heard any rumors concerning himself, so he assumed everything is fine, at least he hoped so. Normal omegas would have their heat once in three months but as suppressants is not good for them if wore all the time, his personal physician suggested him to take a break from it occasionally therefore lead to his fewer than normal heat cycle. Not that it affects anything, according to his doctor. Mark couldn't care less though, as long as he can work peacefully.

Yet the first time he laid his eyes on Jackson, Mark felt a pull towards him. He was not a hopeless romantic, but there was just something about him. Maybe it has started with simple admiration which then turned to infatuation. He truly admired the beta, he had an easygoing personality and a good sense of humor. Plus, people flocked to him all the time. Don’t even start on his work ethics, Mark only ever encountered some people who was dedicated like him for all the time he was involved in this field. Okay, so maybe he was a bit biased. But who cares?

In short, he was the opposite of Mark who was shy, introverted, and most certainly reserved. He only put on a brave and front façade when he was in working-mode. Cannot let his workers trample their own boss, right? That asides, he didn’t actually thought Jackson was interested in him that way. Hell, he initially presumed he was dating Jaebeom, the handsome but broody alpha because they were practically attached to the hips. Until he noticed the wedding band on him, and nowhere one near Jackson. He never felt more glad than he was that day. Thank you, Jaebeom’s significant other!

So now that they’ve been dating, he did not care anymore about their designation, for him, Jackson is just Jackson. Perfect the way he is. However, Jackson did not know the real him. And that, definitely a problem. He thought day and night how to break the news to Jackson. He was nervous that the beta would probably will not like him if he knew he was an omega, he will probably even hate him after knowing that he was actually deceived all along.

In the heat of moment, pun intended, Mark invited Jackson over to aid him through his heat. He just wanted him by his side, if Jackson didn't want him afterwards, that will be his loss. And as he knew Jackson as a humorous and sometimes a fool, he was also a respectful and gentleman at the same time. So, his secret is safe. Well, worst case scenario, he'll just transfer to another company. Not that he was thinking straight at that moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Thursday morning. Jinyoung decided to drop by a mall to find a gift for his husband, as their third anniversary was fast approaching. It literally has been 11 years of their acquaintanceship and counting, Jinyoung mind supplied.

He had been eyeing this particular camera for a while, a suitable gift seeing that his mate's love for photography is enormous. He was glad it was a hobby they shared together besides reading. In fact, it was photography that made them closer in their school days. Jinyoung's skills and styles resembled his alpha a lot as he was his mentor. And it was also Jaebeom whom convinced him to write and because of all supportive energy from his loved ones surrounding him, was he able to be the writer he is today. Good old days.