Chapter 7

Jaebeom took a shower to get rid of any remaining scent so when Jinyoung woke up the next day, he really couldn’t smell anything different. The alpha didn't think there was any need in explaining himself because nothing really happened. So, they continued their routine just like before. He loved, he really loved the fact that Jinyoung came back earlier than scheduled, but there was one thing he regretted. Remember that day Jinyoung called when he was in China and asked for a holiday? Its true, he cannot afford a vacation at that time, unless.. he applied for overtime. And he did just that. If things were according to his plan, he should ended the overtime shifts by the time his mate came back, but now things were different. Unfortunately, this means that he couldn’t spend as much time with the omega as he wanted for the time being. Usually, by the time he came back, Jinyoung has already fallen asleep. The alpha almost back out and tell him the truth, but he endured. It was supposed to be a surprise. To make it up, he made phone calls and checked on him regularly, but he knew it was not enough. Granted, there will be only a week of this overtime and then he could truly gifted him a vacation!

Jinyoung expected a full cuddly day instead Jb was back being busy again. Jinyoung didn't want the previous bickering to happen ever again so he didn't comment on it. Instead he busied himself with other things and sometimes hung out with Mark and Youngjae.

"Jinyoung hyung, why you look so gloomy these days? Is everything okay?". Youngjae voiced his concern. Mark nodded in agreement. The omega brushed off their concerns, keeping everything to himself. He knew it was not healthy bottled up his emotions like that, but its just one bad habit he can't seem to get rid of. And the fact that Jaebeom always knew what was going on his mind, didn't really help his case. Though lately, he started to question that because the alpha just looked uncaring. Sure, he called and all, but didn't he learnt his lesson last time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

He felt sad and can feel the distance growing. Tonight is their anniversary. The one day he looked forward the most. Added with their predicament, Jinyoung really hoped that no matter how much work he had, he'll come back early tonight. The omega didn’t want to fight or sulk anymore, he was tired and he missed their cuddles session. He wanted to let go any negative feelings, at least just for tonight.

He got many times to spare last week because Jaebeom wasn't with him. So, he even took a cooking class so that he can prepare their very own candle light dinner. He knew Jaebeom would still appreciate and love his cooking even when it doesn't taste good. But this is their special day. He wanted Jaebeom  to truly enjoyed it and be proud of him. It was 6pm when he started preparing the ingredients. He decided to cook kimchi and sundubu jjigae. His husband really loves traditional food, 'a Korean to the core, that one', he shook his head fondly.

Mark also came to help him prepare pizza because that's too much to cook by himself. Mark had started showing his little bump and Jinyoung found it truly adorable. Though he sometimes caught Jinyoung with lingering gazes to his stomach, he never say anything. He just smiled to Jinyoung and assured him that he will experience it one day soon. "Call it a pregnant hunch," he had said. Jinyoung laughed it off but deep inside, he hoped so too. If only to get his husband attention a little bit more. When Mark took his leave, Jinyoung felt lonely. He missed his husband. He missed the way Jaebeom always teased him. His loving gaze. His dorkiness. He just missed him, period. Having nothing else to do anymore, he sat in front of TV, but instead of watching the soap opera that currently airing, he counted the ticking clock. As the time goes by, the omega’s eyes slowly drooping close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaebeom fell asleep at his work. When he woke up, it was already 11 pm. Fuck! And just as he take a look at his phone, a notification ding! 'JaebeomxJinyoung anniversary.' Triple fuck! Out of all times, why did he chose this day to fall asleep? Never mind it was unintentional. He felt like punching himself. Quickly organized things over his office, Jaebeom rushed outside to get to Jinyoung. Hopefully before 12 am struck and he missed their fucking anniversary. He tried looking for a cake shop because it was their tradition and Jinyoung has sweet tooth, but as it was really late, every single bakeries was closed. Jaebeom wanted to slap himself for the hundredth time that day. At least he got a necklace for Jinyoung as well as the holiday vouchers. He never felt more grateful than now for accompanying Jackson looking for his wedding ring.