chapter 11

"So are you guys coming back today?" Jeongyeon asks, and Yugyeom can tell she is frowning.

"Probably not..." he mutters, glancing at Bambam, the two hearing the other nine groaning over the phone.

"Why not?" Youngjae whines. "We miss you guys."

"Yeah, it's no fun without you two," Taehyung adds. "Please come home?"

"We...we promise we'll be back tomorrow," Bambam says, glancing at Yugyeom. "But we'll see. It's up to Yugyeom."

"Why? Is he sick?" Namjoon questions, panicking. "I-I can come over. I have medicine, and I'm studying to be a doctor, so-"

"Hyung, I'm fine," Yugyeom giggles, cutting of Namjoon's ranting. "I...I just had a family emergency."

"That included Bambam?"

"They're a couple now, Lis," they heard Jisoo grumble, followed by a slap.

"WHAT?!" Nayeon exclaims. "When the fuck did that happen?!"

"Noona, I told you guys when it happened," Yugyeom chuckles. "How are you so forgetful sometimes?"

"Oh," Nayeon mutters in a small voice. "Silly me."

"Dummy," Chaeyoung mutters. "Anywho, how are things over there? Are you two doing okay?"

"Yeah, thanks for asking, Chaeng." Bambam smiles. "Are you guys doing okay? Anything serious happen lately?"

"Besides schoolwork no," Dahyun replies. 

"We have tests and projects to make up?" Yugyeom groans.

"Just for one class," Jeongyeon giggles. "It's easy though. We'll help you."

"Oh, wait, I have news!" Youngjae announces.

"What?"

"Well, it's not really new news, but," Youngjae mumbles, "Mina keeps asking where Bambam is."

Bambam and Yugyeom roll their eyes.

"Did you guys tell her where we are?" Bambam asks.

"Of course not," they reply in unison.

"We ain't that stupid," Jeongyeon adds.

"I just told her that you're up her butt, and she said 'he will be soon'," Taehyung says in disgust.

"That's disgusting," Yugyeom comments.

"Yeah, we all know the only butt Bambam's going to be up in is Y-" Namjoon is cut off when a hand slaps itself across his mouth.

"W-what were you about to say, h-hyung?" Yugyeom asks, gulping nervously.

"H-he was about to say nothing," Lisa assures. "He's just talking nonsense."

Yugyeom purses his lips, his cheeks turning warm as they turn red. He can not believe Namjoon was about to say the only butt Bambam will be in is his. They barely started dating for two days, and Namjoon is already saying things like this. I'm going to kill him once we come back.

"Well, we have to leave now, guys," Jisoo announces with a sigh. "Lunch is about to end, and we still haven't done our homework we were supposed to do yesterday."

Bambam releases a laugh, taking another bite of his cereal. "Okay. Bye, and good luck, guys."

"Thanks, Bam. Bye, lovebirds."

"Bye," Bambam and Yugyeom return in unison, small smiles on their faces.

The phone called finally ends, and Bambam sighs, eager to finish his cereal. 

"You know Jackson-hyung made omelets for a reason, right?" Yugyeom says as he sees Bambam devour his cereal. 

"Oh, well." Bambam shrugs. "I'll just get some if I'm still hungry."

"How are you hungry all the time?" Yugyeom giggles.

Bambam shrugs. "I dunno."

"Are you sure we should go to school tomorrow?" Yugyeom asks. "W-what if he's out there looking for m-me?"

Bambam looks up from his bowl, looking at Yugyeom in the eye seriously. "He's not getting to you. As long as you stick with me you'll be fine. And besides, he doesn't know which school you're going to."

Yugyeom purses his lips, tapping his fingers on his knees.

Bambam's eyes widen. "He knows?!"

"Yes," Yugyeom sighs. "I told him which school I wanted to go to, and he was the one that helped me apply."

"O-okay," Bambam mutters. "W-well, it's a large campus, and a lot of people go there. H-he won't be able to find you that easy."

"I'm taller than almost everyone," Yugyeom reminds. "I'm sure he'll be able to notice me."

"What hair color did you have when you were with him?" Bambam questions.

"Still black," Yugyeom replies.

"Then we just dye your hair," Bambam says. "He'll have a harder time recognizing you. And besides, there'll be ten of us protecting you, and around you the whole time. You have nothing to worry about."

Yugyeom nods, but he still looks unsure, chewing on his bottom lip. Bambam sighs, and he scoots over toward his boyfriend, pulling him into a hug. Yugyeom immediately hugs his boyfriend back, starting to cry weakly against the older's chest as Bambam strokes his hair, comforting him.

"I swear on my life I will protect you, Kim Yugyeom. Nothing will happen to you."

--

The pink-haired male hides his face with the hood of his hoodie, pulling it over his head, and covering his face. He puts his hands into the pockets and keeps a low profile as he walks down the street, looking for the building he is on the search for.

The pinkette arrives around ten minutes later, but it turns out it was the wrong address. He sighs, cursing under his breath. He continues to walk but soon stops a brown-haired female on his way, tired of wasting his time.

"Excuse me," he says in a gruff voice, trying to disguise it, "do you know where the Seoul University is?"

"Who are you?" the female demands, narrowing her eyes.

"Moon Sun," the pinkette replies after a few seconds of thinking.

The female still has her eyes narrowed but rolls her eyes. "Whatever. Just walk straight, and turn left about six minutes later. It'll be there next to the Starbucks shop."

"Thank you," the pinkette grumbles, scoffing as the brunette walks away.

The pink-haired male continues to walk, following the directions that were given to him. Indeed six minutes later, he sees the building, and he walks inside, surprised at how large and full the campus is. He knows where the office is, so he walks there, ignoring the strange looks that are given to him.

The pinkette finally arrives at the office, opening the door. He notices the secretary typing on her computer, not looking up. With an eye roll, the pinkette clears his throat.

"Just a moment," the secretary mutters.

Sure, it's not like I have to hurry, the pink-haired male grumbles to himself. A few seconds later, the secretary finally looks up, sending the male a smile.

"How may I help you?" she says.

The pinkette finally pulls his hood down, revealing his familiar features, but they are covered with makeup and sunglasses. 

"Do you know where I can find Kim Yugyeom?"