chapter 8

"Do you guys have any idea why Yugyeom left?" Bambam asks, looking up at the others.

"Probably because of Youngjae's ugly face," Jeongyeon giggles, but then she turns serious, clearing her throat. "No, we don't."

Youngjae glares at Jeongyeon but nods in agreement. "But he sounded kind of panicked."

Bambam nods this time. "I just hope he's okay."

--

"Jimin escaped from jail."

Those words keep going through Yugyeom's head, and he freezes, his eyes wide in fear. Mark and Jackson look at the youngest worriedly.

"W... How?" he questions, sitting down since he felt like he was going to faint if he continued standing up.

"S-some fake police officer that was friends with him helped him e-escape," Jackson explains, gulping. He takes the younger's hands in his. "But we'll make sure Jimin will do nothing to you."

At the mention of the male's name, Yugyeom's eyes fill with fear, and he stands up. "Th-then we need to leave the country, ch-change our names, d-dye our hair-"

"Yugyeom." Mark cups the ravenette's face, wiping away the tears that escaped from his eyes. "Calm down. We'll tell the police, and they'll provide a security guard for you."

"I don't want a damn security guard!" he exclaimes, his voice shaking, more tears falling from his eyes. "I-I want that bastard in jail!! I-I don't even care if he gets killed! I-I..." Yugyeom breaks down into tears, shaking.

Jackson and Mark sit down with the younger, wrapping their arms around him. "Everything will be okay, Gyeom," Jackson assures.

"N-no, it's not," Yugyeom says through his tears. "Y-you know it won't be."

--

The nine still stay over at Yugyeom's and Bambam's dorm in case Yugyeom calls. The ten are currently playing Monopoly, and it's Taehyung's turn. He starts moving his figure when Bambam's phone starts ringing.

The ravenette narrows his eyes, and picks the device up, seeing the name 'Mark-hyung' on the caller ID.

"Who is it?" Taehyung asks.

"Mark," Bambam replies before he answers the call. "Hello?"

"Bambam, where are you?" 

"At Yugyeom's and my dorm. Why?"

"We need you to come over to explain some things," Mark says. "Go to the address that I sent you—that's where Yugyeom, me, and my husband live. Please hurry." 

"W-" Bambam can't continue since Mark hung up.

"What did he say?" Namjoon asks.

"He said I had to go to the address he sent me," Bambam mutters, grabbing his stuff. "You guys can stay here if you want. I'll be back soon. I hope."

The nine narrow their eyes at each other, but they can't say anything else since Bambam closes the door behind him.

The ravenette pulls on his coat and starts jogging toward the parking lot where his car was. He sees Mina on the way, so he jogs in the other direction to avoid her. He soon arrives at his car, and unlocks it, hurriedly getting in. He sets his phone up on the radio and checks his messages. He puts the address in Google Maps and starts following the directions.

--

Bambam parks the car, turning it off. He gets out of it, locking the vehicle behind him as he runs up toward the front porch. He rings the doorbell, waiting for someone to open it. A few seconds later, Mark does, and he has tear stains on his cheeks, his eyes full of fear and worriedness.