three

“What… what are you talking about?!” Inosuke yelled.

Tanjiro giggled. “I’m glad I have your attention, now,” Tanjiro said, letting go of Inosuke.

“I don’t mean date in the romantic sense,” he laughed. “I just want to go out together so we can get to know each other better. Does that sound okay?”

“NO.”

Inosuke pulled his hand away, his face pink.

“Aww, come on,” Tanjiro pouted. “Let’s just try it. If you don’t enjoy yourself, I’ll quit.”

Inosuke narrowed his eyes suspiciously. That sounded like too good a deal.

“Really?”

“Really. If you have absolutely no fun on the date, I’ll quit and you can go back to being on your own.”

Inosuke glanced away for a moment.

“Will there be food involved?”

“Yes.”

“Then, count me in.”

And so, come that evening, Tanjiro arrived at Inosuke’s apartment.

“Are you ready?” Tanjiro asked with a cheerful smile. Inosuke let out a soft snort.

“Yes. Make this short,” he instructed, to which Tanjiro just laughed.

“Well, we’ll see how the night goes.”

“Laser… laser tag? What the heck is that?”

Tanjiro stared at Inosuke in shock as they both walked into the dimly lit building.

“You don’t know what laser tag is, Inosuke?”

Inosuke shook his head.

Tanjiro smiled. “Ohh, that just makes this even better. You’ll have a lot of fun, I promised.”

Insouke clicked his tongue. “I probably won’t.”

Inosuke had an intense amount of fun. Mainly because he kept beating Tanjiro.

(This was mainly because Tanjiro kept letting him win, but that’s a secret.)

After about his fourth win, he was cackling with delight. “You see that?! The fourth time!” He cheered. “How does it feel to lose?”

Tanjiro laughed. “So, are you enjoying yourself?” he asked with a sweet smile.

Inosuke grinned triumphantly. “More than you are.”

Tanjiro was silent, his smile just growing wider. Inosuke was confused, before he realized.

“wAIT—“

“So, you had fun?”

“WAIT, NO—“

“That’s great! I guess I don’t have to quit just yet!”

Inosuke let out a frustrated yell.