six

“Eh? Friends?”

Zenitsu took a step back, his eyes growing wide.
“No way.”

Tanjiro pouted, tilting his head. “Eh? Why not?”

Zenitsu scowled and looked away. “You know exactly why I can’t be friends with Inosuke of all people.”

Tanjiro tilted as he thought back to that day. The day he’d met Inosuke for the first time, and had more or less beat him up.

It had all been because he’d been beating Zenitsu up.

“Yeah, well, he’s changed!”

“Yeah, right,” Zenitsu huffed, turning to look away.

Tanjiro pouted, before reaching out to take Zenitsu’s hand.

“Come onnn, please?” He smiled. “Let’s just hang out a bit together, the three of us.”

Zenitsu blushed all the way down to his neck. “I…”

He looked away. “Uhm, sure… I guess I can do that.”

Tanjiro lit up.”Really? Thank you! Let’s all eat at a café together, then. Can I have your number so I can contact you later?”

Zenitsu blushed even more. “My number?”

“Yep!”

“Uhm… sure.”

Tanjiro beamed as he collected Zenitsu’s contact information, before quickly running off.

Zenitsu sighed, placing a hand to his chest. His heart was beating pretty hard.

The last thing he wanted to do was hang out with Inosuke, but well, he’d do anything if Tanjiro asked with that smile.