Chapter 9

****Seraphina's Pov ***
I had blocked everyone but Rebecca and William from communicating with me. William said that our parents were furious and would stop at nothing to find me and then there would be consequences. I don't know what they could possibly take from me, they already had my freedom in a lock tight safe box.

I felt bad keeping this from Malakiy but I feared he would want to return back immediately.

I couldn't hide much from him without him noticing. He could tell that something was wrong just from my face. I was a ball of stress and anxiety all throughout the day. Whenever he tried to approach me, I avoided his advances and escaped off into another direction. Usually, I was better at hiding my emotions, but for some reason I couldn't with him.

Finally he cornered me in our room after lunch. I had tried to maneuver past him but he would not let me."What's wrong Sera?"

"Hmm." I mumbled, looking up at him briefly before turning my eyes away.

"You've hardly looked at me all day."

"Oh really?!" I asked, looking away. I hated that he could read me so plainly.

He tipped my chin to him. "Yes and it's driving me crazy. Tell me what's wrong mate. Did I do something?"

I told him about the conversation with my parents. "That's not good." He said pacing back and forth in the room. "We should go back. You're only going to anger them and it's only a matter of time before they find us. And, if you are going to ask them for me to be your bodyguard again, we need to be on their good sides."

"I won't go back so soon. I want to spend more time with you, here. I've never been so free before, I don't want to give up my freedom so soon." My eyes implored him to look at things from my point of view. The Castle was my prison, and what prisoner wouldn't dream of a few more moments of happiness in the outside world?

He brought me in for a hug. "Fine we will wait and see. But we shouldn't wait too long either." He kissed me on the forehead. "Don't look so surprised, I am actually capable of putting your feelings first."

I shuffled to my bag to start putting things in. I wanted to have everything in one spot.

I opened up the front zipper and pulled out a small thin envelope. I stared at it in confusion before gasping. Malakiy raised an eyebrow.

"It's money!" I gasped. I forgot that in our emergency bag we always carry a small sum of money.

I counted 75 gold coins. "It's not much but I can still offer it to your family!"

"It's not much? Seraphina do you know what 75 coins does to a poor family. That can last us years." He exclaimed.

I brought the offering to his mom and explained how I found the money. She broke down in the middle of my explanation and gave me a hug. "Thank you so much."

Helena and Caterina came out of their rooms to find us all in such a state. Helena turned to me and asked what happened.

"Remember when I said the princess will help you out. Well she has come through on her promise and that's just the beginning. She sent money."

Revelation came to her face and Helena's grey eyes widened. "Sarah, that's because she's you!" Gasping, she immediately bent to curtesy.

Caterina looked backed and forth in confusion. "Who?" Someone must have mindlinked her because she jumped up and ran to give me a hug. "I knew it! Everytime I played with my princess doll, I imagined her to be you."

I hugged her back. "That's so sweet. But this has to be our little secret okay? I can get in a lot of trouble for being here."

She nodded quickly. "I wouldn't tell a soul. You have my word. Helena nodded along, still mesmerized by me.