|0.2| a n t i c i p a t i o n

Wen Li blankly looked out the small window. Watching at the scenery grew smaller and farther as each second passed and as the plane flew higher and higher.

He continued to watch until the scene became nothing but the bright blue sky and soft white clouds. Leaning back into his seat, he fiddled with pen in his hands, obsidian eyes focused on the blank notebook before him.

"Young master Wen," Turning his to the voice, he lazily stared at the old man before him. His attendant, Qin Chan, internally shivered at the cold glance he was given. "Y-Young master Wen, this is your new schedule now. Master Wen wants you to follow it for 5 months. You'll be focusing on your photography and modeling for this next 5 months. H-Here, this will be the camera you'll be using for all the photography and modeling. Master Wen expects you to start now." Handing over the large camera to him, Qin Chen feels a sense of relief wash over him as he hurriedly made his exit.

Wen Li patiently turned the camera on, pointing towards the view beyond the windows. With a snap, he captures the scene.

Bright blue skyline with white fluffy clouds could be seen. The image itself could make you feel soft, but it never fails to disappoint Wen Li.

Letting some time pass, Wen Li patiently watches as the sky turned colors.

Red, orange, pink, yellow. The sky was dyed a with a beautiful sunset. This time, Wen Li took another picture. Though, he always felt it lacked something, he knew in the eyes of others, it would look like something. Even if in his eyes, it held no meaning.

With that, Wen Li put away the camera and drifted to sleep.

_______

"Welcome, Young master Wen. This will be your residence during your stay in Japan. We hope it is to you satisfaction." A middle ages woman greeted him at the entrance, bowing 90 degrees.

Wen Li gave her a nod of acknowledgment before walking past. Another servant appeared before him, leading him.

"This is Young master Wen's room. It is built with a private bathroom, walk in closet, and a balcony. Please excuse this one." The servant left with out another word, head hanging low.

After entering, Wen Li headed straight toward the desk. Uncaring of the beautiful decor surrounding him, exactly made specifically for him.

Softly putting the miniature notebook down, Wen Li took out the heavy camera from the it's bag and hung it from his neck. He continued out like that.

"Young master Wen, were would you like to go?" Opening the door for him, the chauffer asked before getting in the driver's seat. "..." Wen Li was silent for a moment but the chauffer waited patiently.

"The commoners area, please."

With another word, the car immediately drove off. On the way, Wen Li took some pictures of the passing scenery in the car. Purposely putting the inside of the vehicle in view, while the outside was blurry.

"Young master Wen, we have arrived." Opeing the car door for him, he kept his head low in a bow, in respect for the the young master and to not offend.

"And what is this place called?" Wen Li walked out, camera in hand. "Answering Young master, this is what commoners call a public park. It is ideal for family picnics, a simple nature walk, and for children to play around in."

Wen Li nodded at the vague description, he took another picture.

Wen Li walked down the trail, listlessly looking around. So far, nothing caught his eyes.

With trees on both of his sides, surrounding him, and with a dirt trail that beckoned him to keep walking farther. He took a picture and just left.

"Return." The chauffer wordlessly drove away, driving back to the private manor.

_______

"Hey, you're the new kid, right? My name is Riku Mistuki, my father is the CEO of a tycoon business." Alexander softly nodded at him in acknowledgment. "I'm Alexander Lakis. I transferred here from America, so don't be surprised if I come off a bit uncultured."

"Haha! It's alright. By the way, have you met the other transfer student? They should probably be in the same year as us!" Alexander looked up at him in confusion. "There's another transfer student?"

"Yeah! You guys both transferred here at the same time, what a coincidence!"

"Oh? And what class are they in?" Mistuki thought for a while before shrugging. "Hn. I don't really know, but we could go and check it out! I'm pretty sure I could spot them from a mile away, I already know everyone in this school."

"Alright, let's go." Alexander stood up from his seat, taking Mistuki by surprise. "Eh? Really? I was only jokingーhey! Wait up!"

For unknown reasons, Alexander was really bothered by this other 'transfer student'. His gut kept yelling at him to go check the person out.

_______

Wen Li continued to write in his notebook, acting oblivious to all the stares and whispers around him.

"A-Uh-Umー" Wen Li placed his pen down before blankly looking up at the female student. "Yes?" As he spoke, the girl seemed even more fidgety than before. She looked both terrified and bashful.

"Ah-um, M-My name is-is Nanami Nakano. I-it's a-a ple-pleasure t-t-to mee-meet you!" Wen Li stared at her before he introduced himself.

"Wen Li An, Miss Nakano." He picked up his pen and continued to write. The girl shot her head up, staring at him in surprise. "Y-y-y-you m-mean, that..Wen?" Wen Li nodded. She staggered back, face pale and ashen. Classmates who have been watching the whole ordeal with cold backs, worriedly watched as She stumbled away to her seat, muttered something under her breath.

Her friends quickly rushed up to her, sending quick questioning glances at Wen Li.

"H-he-he's the-the author o-of..'This World of Ours'! Wen-Wen Li An!" Just like that, lighting stuck them all.

_______

The squeals of teenage girls quickly caught Alexander's attention. Walking towards the classroom, the feeling grew stronger and stronger each passing second.

_______

Wen Li felt a sudden surge of emotions, immediately he stopped writing. Looking around the room in confusion. His eyes hovered over the entrance of the classroom. A feeling of dread and anticipation showed clearly in those dark, black eyes.

_______