Arcade

Peter stepped out of the car, with Tony right by his side. The 8-year-old clutched onto the billionaire's leg whilst staring at the bright, illuminated, neon sign outside of the large arcade. He grinned with delight before stepping inside the giant, glass doors. Tony Stark laughed as he watched Peter's eyes widen with amazement, gazing every machine with keen interest.

After looking around for a while, Peter stopped at one of the many prize wheels, this one at the back of the room. "What about this one Mr Stark?" Peter asked, his eyes gleaming. "Sure kid, whatever you want to do." Tony replied smiling. Peter slotted a token into the old, rusted, dusty machine, which was shaking violently. The young boy stared at the rotating board, watching it's fast ticking. It slowed and Peter's heart was beating quickly. "We are going to win a hundred tickets!" Peter said with excitement, but the wheel just nudged over to five tickets. The small boy's heart sank and his bottom lip started to tremble. His eyes dropped to the floor, while Tony's smile fell. He crouched on his knees and whispered, "Hey kid, let's go find another game. Ok?". The small kid nodded glumly. That game wasn't that fun anyways Peter thought, looking back at the game before taking Tony's hand and walking towards a different game.

They approached a claw machine, and Peter looked at all the cool, new toys in awe. "Which toy do you want kid?" someone said from behind him and Peter snapped back into focus. The boy bit his lip, considering them but eventually settled on the big, stuffed Iron Man toy. Tony starts chuckling and Peter smiles shyly, blushing a bit. Iron Man had always been his favourite Avenger, ever since he met them. Tony nodded before fiddling with the joystick. The claw hovered over the toy before reaching to collect it but it lost its grip at the last moment. Peter's curls flopped in disappointment but the billionaire wasn't ready to give up yet. He put another token in and gripped the stick for a second chance. Peter watched as Tony started moving the claw, with a fierce look in his eye. I won't let you down kid, not in a million years Tony thought as the claw took another dive. Tony watched with intrigue, the suspense killing him. The claw picked up the plush and started to place it in the slot. He got it! Peter hugged Tony for what felt like forever, then pulled back. "Thanks Mr Stark!" he said excitedly. He hugged the toy and hummed to himself quietly. The father didn't mind either.

They raced through games, running, laughing and talking until Peter got exhausted and finally surrendered to 'Captain Stark'. The man rested his plastic gun and picked up the tired boy. He carried him into his million dollar car and strapped him in. It was a silent drive home, but Tony could hear Peter's voice mumbling softly. Peter clutched onto the Iron Man toy and snuggled it, calmed by its presence. An atmosphere of peace washed over them. Tony Stark lied him down to sleep before walking away, grinning like the happiest man alive.