"Do you think you can survive Christmas with my parents?"

"Do you think you can survive Christmas with my parents?" She asks while looking up from the file on the dinning room table. Daniel chuckles and sets down his newspaper.

"Can you?"

"We are going to need a lot of alcohol." She says with a sigh. 

He laughs at this and takes a drink of coffee. It wasn't long before they had to leave for their flight to London. Seeing as Peggy and Daniel had spent last Christmas with the Sousa family, it was time to spend the next with the Carter's. Something neither were looking forward to this year. Daniel had briefly met Peggy's parents earlier this year, however, it wasn't as smooth sailing as they had hoped for. Her father approved,, naturally. His little jab made things much more calm when he expressed that Daniel was the best she had ever brought home to introduce to them, while her mother was not as enthusiastic. She was pleasant, and yet unsure of the situation. Even though years had passed, she still worried about her daughters future and the life she had given up in the first place.

Peggy once was engaged to be married, but left soon before the wedding day. Amanda Carter still remembers the day her daughter left the start of a new life for the sake of adventure, and yet she must come to terms with this new life she has made foe herself. But what she never expected was someone new, and yet he seemed like a great man- but Amanda Carter needed more time to process and inspect their relationship. She was afraid to get invested and  too happy for her daughter for fear of another repeat in leaving.

Mrs. Carter relays this concern to Peggy when they do arrive in London. Peggy and Daniel had arrived early in the morning, giving Peggy enough time to speak with her mother privately. She never intended to do so, especially on the topic of her mother's odd behavior towards Daniel, but once it was brought up there was no going back. 

"Mum, you don't need to think about that. Daniel.... he's different. Far more different to Fred than is humanly possible."

"Is that a good thing, do you reckon?" Peggy chuckles at this and steps closer to her mother, holding her at arms length. 

"I can assure you that it is the best thing to happen in a long time. Daniel is... Daniel. There is no comparing my past with present, or future."

"So you do in fact see a future with this man? Your Daniel?" her brow corks upwards in a nosy, questions expression, leaving her daughter to drop her hands and roll her yes. 

"Yes, if you want it to be said so bluntly." Mrs. Carter breaks into a smile before framing Peggy's face in her hands. 

"That is splendid, darling. I am so happy for you." Before Peggy is aware, her mother embraces her for a moment before they walk back to the living room where Daniel and Mr. Carter sit and laugh. 

The evening passes by peacefully- and quickly- leaving the Mr and Mrs to return to bed. Peggy and Daniel go to their own bed later on. Peggy stays i her old room while Daniel stays in the guest, but he barley lies down to rest before she sneaks into his room and drags him outside with an odd bag in her hand. He glances at her suspiciously, unsure what to make of her behavior and object hidden in her possession, but he follows her nonetheless. He always does.

Once they're outside, they sit on the ground under a tree looking up at the stars. Daniel glances up and then beside him to Peggy, whom simply keeps her gaze above. She reaches out and laces their fingers together, her eyes not moving once. Daniel smiles and lifts their joined hands, kissing the back of hers. She smiles brought and leans over, resting her head upon his shoulder, a sigh leaving her body. For several moments they sit in silence, star gazing and enjoying the peace between them. The only thing breaking the silence is Peggy reaching over to the bag and bringing out a bottle of Bourbon. Daniel laughs and take sit in his hands as she hands it over. 

"Whats this for and where did you get this from?" Peggy laughs and rest her chin on his shoulder looking down at the bottle. 

"I did say we would need alcohol while we were here. The conversation I had with mum further proves that statement." At her worse Daniel looks confused, and so she retells all that happened in the kitchen finished, he smiles softly and wraps an arm around her, kissing her temple lightly. She laughs softly and says, "Whats this for?"

"Nothin'. He kisses her again, "I'm just happy you can see a future with me." He jokes, though to her it wasn't. She pulls away slightly to face him, staring into his eyes for a few moments before framing his face in her hands and kissing him tenderly.

"Of course I can, Daniel. I love you." He jumps back slightly, not expecting such a confession, but once he settles down he kisses her with every fiber he can muster, making her laugh the entire time.

"I love you too." They smiles and kiss once more before she takes the bottle in hand and pops the top. 

"To the future." She takes a swing from the bottle before passing it to him. Daniel smiles and takes a swing after her. 

"To the future."