Part 3

Khushi was not feeling well since past few days. She was constantly suffering from nausea and weakness; she also had couple of episodes of dizziness. The first thought that came to her mind was, it was time for her to leave the world, which made her heartbroken; but suddenly another thought strike through her mind. She immediately went to check for it. In her hurry she didn't see where she was going and about to fall from the landing, when two strong arms pulled her in an embrace.

"How many times should I have to tell to watch where you walk? Why are you so careless?"

As usual there he was, saving her from yet another accident. It always amazed her how he came at the exact time to save her.

"woh I--" she fumbled to reply.

"Shut up. You are already suffering from weakness and instead of resting you are roaming around unnecessarily. Now come and take rest in the room until I come back from the office, then we'll go to see the doctor"

"No!! I'll be alright after resting. Don't worry. I'll be fine" she tried to assure him.

"You're sure?"

"Yes, I am" She was revealed when she saw him nodding his head.

"Fine, but take rest, okay?"

"Yes" seeing her nodding her head he left for office, but not before giving some instructions to Hari Prakash.

....

Khushi looked at the test result in her hand. No, this can't be true. Maybe the kit is defective, but what if it's correct? First she needed to confirm her doubts. And if her doubts get confirmed then...

Then what? What is she going to do?

Why was life so cruel with her? How would she able to get through this pregnancy? What if she die before giving birth to her child? And even if she die after giving birth to her child, what was the future of her child? How would it survive in this world? Who would look after him?

Her husband? No way. She was first hand witness to his dislike towards children. His behavior with the little girls, who came for the Kanya-Pooja was proof enough. The person who gets irritated at the sight of the kids, what is the guarantee will raise his child with love?

No. She can't bring her child to this selfish world without anyone there to protect it. She knew how it felt to live a life where you are an unwanted burden. She never wanted that fate for her child. She knew now what she has to do.

She got the appointment of a decent gynecologist quite effortlessly. Well, being the wife of a famous businessman does have its own perks. She didn't wanted to waste any moment, so she left home immediately without informing anyone. It was not like anyone care, anyway. (If only she knew....)

....

She was feeling nervous, sitting in front of the doctor, who just confirmed her pregnancy. But she has to do it. So taking a deep breath she said,

"I want to abort the child"

The doctor was dumbstruck with her statement. But as it was nothing new for her she composed herself soon and asked,

"Are you sure about it?"

"Ye...yes"

"What about Mr. Raizada? Is he okay with it?"

Before she could reply someone else did.

"No"

She was startled hearing the oh so familiar voice. When she turned towards the doorway, she found him standing there with a determined look. She quickly averted her eyes not having courage to face him. The silence in the room was broken by the doctor.