THIRTY TWO 🥀

After Mattia said his goodbye to Mia. He was scared, scared that this might be the last time he'd see her, he prayed it wouldn't and he prayed that his father wouldn't....hurt him. He was currently walking home, his gym bag that was no use at all after-all, slung over his shoulder. He had his earphones tucked into his ears as he listened to his favorite song.

Within five minutes, he was at his front door. He was quite shaky, afraid of his father. He didn't have the keys to the front door, so his only option was to knock; and he did. Seconds later, the door was roughly opened and Mattia gulped, facing his not so sober father.

His eyes were blood red, almost as if he's smoke several blunts in a row. He could feel his thoughts gnarl together as his temptation to hurt her was poisoned into his blood. Within seconds, he smirked before lurching forward and throwing a punch at
Mattia.

He then pulled his son forward, slamming the door behind them. The poor boy groaned in pain, he knew he couldn't do anything but watch and her affected. He shoved Mattia against the table and in return, the vase fell and broke. It was his deceased mother's vase.

The man hovered over his son, Mattia's lips were bleeding, and his eyes began to swell into a color of blue; bruised. Mattia did nothing as tears scrolled down his cheeks, "S-Stop....p-please." He managed to stutter out as his father began throwing punches into his abdomen. Mattia groaned and that was all he could do; suffer in pain.

"Fucking kill yourself! You cunt!" His father spat at him, smacking him across the face before finally letting go of the now injured boy, he sent his son a glare before a smirk was plastered over his face. He has done his job for now, "Clean the fucking mess up! I expect it to be nice and tidy when I'm back." And with that, his father left the house for god knows what; most likely getting drunk and shagging woman with friends.

Mattia laid there as the words repeated in his mind; Kill yourself, Kill yourself, Kill yourself, Kill yourself and with that, he bursted into tears. He knew for sure that he would never have a perfect life or a perfect family. If it wasn't for Mia, he would most likely end it all.

Death wasn't kind and Mattia knew that. He knew death wasn't so nice; death took the lives of far too young...and far too good. The hooded vale of death hung over Mattia's world ever since the passing of his mother. It had always threatened him, but never touched him.

Mattia stood in front of his mirror, glossy eyes; as the tears strolled down his cheeks, never ending. His face was broken, sunken, and haunted. His mind cold and empty. He glanced at the bottle of pills; he had enough.

He had to do it.

He grabbed it, the tears still scrolling down his cheeks. His jaw clenching and unclenching. He looked at the mirror; he wasn't his usual self.....it was someone else.

A demon taking over his body.

"I-I-" His chest started to tighten and within seconds, he coughed out blood, all over the sink and some on the mirror, "Fu-Fucking hell..." he continued to cough out blood. He wanted the pain to end, he wanted everything to end.

And so....he did it.

Mia was dressed in her usual clothing. She had no one else to go to the fair with, and she definitely did not want to go with her annoying co-workers and plus; she was worried about Mattia.

She wondered if he was doing okay and not....hurt. Oh if only she knew. She was sat in her living room couch, she might have seperation anxiety because as soon as Mattia left, her mood dropped.

Although, she had a gut feeling something was not right. She had called Mattia several times but he never picked up; she thought he's probably sleeping or taking a shower so she let it slide.

But yet, her gut feeling is telling her otherwise. So what did she do? She walked over to his place. How'd she get his address? Well, they say girls are best at stalking; but not in a creepy way. She managed to catch a glimpse of where he was heading to when he left her house, and turns out, his apartment was not two blocks away, but one.

She knew something was wrong.

She knocked on the door for a couple of times. No response. She frowned and gulped in fear, what if his dad was in there? Or worst....

What if Mattia's.....unconscious.

"No..No...No." She shook her head away from the unwanted thoughts. Think positive think positive think positive. She had to get in there and make sure Mattia was alright.

She glanced down at the huge welcome carpet. There must be a key. She was right, a key was in there. She quickly grabbed it and within seconds the front door was opened.

The sight horrified her. Broken glasses and a broken vase was on the floor, the table was not in it's position. It was like a fight had taken place. A fight. Mia gasped and walked towards which she assumed was Mattia's room. Her assumptions were right. 

Typical teenage boy room? You think? No, the wallpaper was painted black, his bed was blue. That's it. Nothing else was there. No posters, no computer. No tv. Nothing at all.

But a bathroom, was in the room, she slowly walked towards it, she prayed and prayed it isn't what she think...it is. She slowly opened the door, taking a deep breath as she held back the tears.

But when the door was opened. Her greatest fear was in front of her.

The lifeless body of his....laid there in the bathroom floor. He had broken her promise. She lost him.

THE END.