Chapter 5

Mr Peanutbutter was more than excited to see him. The all famous Bojack Horseman! Friend of both him and Todd! It's been quite a while since he's seen the old horse and excitement built up inside of him as he got to catch up.

But his excitement waned as he saw his roommate's demeanor change upon seeing Bojack, and the other began to seem closed off as he walked away from them.

This was concerning for the yellow lab to see, it's something they should talk about later as a leaky feeling ceiling was never a good one, Mr Peanutbutter thought.

As they sat in the car, Mr Peanutbutter grew hesitant. Seeing his friend's body language as he sat slumped up against the window, he feared bringing up the wrong thing and having Todd mad at him. The last thing he wanted was a blow up and an argument before a long silent car ride home with a tense atmosphere.

Hearing the affirmation that he was okay, Mr Peanutbutter brightened. Thank goodness. He's okay! Everything is alright. Mr Peanutbutter thought happily to himself as he drove home.

Getting home, he received a quick goodnight from Todd before he went upstairs; when the other was good upstairs he let out a sigh. Maybe it'd be best for him to go off to bed as well. While the night was young, he unfortunately wasn't.

The next morning, Mr Peanutbutter found himself woken up by the sun's rays peeking inside his window and shining through, beaming gently in his face.

Sliding out of bed, he gave out a quick yawn before doing his daily hygienic routine and heading downstairs to make coffee.

Seeing Todd descend downstairs with a groggy look on his face, Mr Peanutbutter gave out his all too famous saccharine good morning, waving to the other.

Getting a good morning in response, the lab felt more than satisfied as he took Todd to work. Fondness for his friend overfilling his heart. Todd was so great just by being himself!

Getting to the set, Mr Peanutbutter watched Todd get quickly hauled away by costume and make up. Giving a little huff of discontempt it soon left, as he saw Bojack. Now would be the perfect time to talk to him!

Receiving multiple uninterested and short responses from the horse, Mr Peanutbutter still persisted on kindling the fire to this conversation, even if no fire was coming out.

Soon though, the lab began to run out of conversation topics, and a hand went to his chin to think of something else.

Seeing Todd, he perked up. Perfect! He can gush to Bojack about how great his new roommate is and maybe even boast a bit!

Getting the response of Todd being a useless bum, a nerve was finally struck in him and it was only struck further seeing Todd slink back in response.

He frowned a bit before giving him a short passionate lecture on how you shouldn't call your friends useless bums and how he appreciates him.

Getting the snarky reply of how he only likes him because he's a maid broke the camels back, causing Mr Peanutbutter to grow defensive, clearly bothered, he shot back with zero hesitation quite loudly how he maybe wanted a maid and how he loved maids.

Feeling a bit proud that comment got him to shut up, he blinked and looked around as silence filled the set now. Everyone stopped and was staring at them now.

Oh crap. I fucked up. He thought, and before he could even react Todd bolted out. Oh no.

Running after the other now he called out his name.

Finding him outside, Mr Peanutbutter asked him what was wrong, a big part of him already knowing what exactly was the fuck up.

To no surprise Todd tells him exactly what he thought he did wrong before telling him not to come anymore; on the off chance that rumors start to spread.