Chapter 6

The past two weeks on set have been busy; however, Todd had found the burden of it a bit lighter--with Mr Peanutbutter's hovering support every morning and night.

The dog always managed to find a way to be up earlier than Todd and have a coffee ready for him each morning. While he was concerned about Mr Peanutbutter's being, it was also a sweet routine. Also, Todd was sure he took plenty of naps while he was away at work.

With season 1 beginning to finish production there was fortunately a break until the network decided to green light it for a season 2.

"So Todd! When is your show done filming? For season 1 of course." Mr Peanutbutter asked, a happy smile on his face.

This could definitely mean one or two things, he has something planned, or he finally found that tennis ball he was depressed about losing for a bit.

"Hm.." Todd pondered for a moment before responding, "It's this Friday, why?"

"Oh! That's perfect because I wanted to plan a little vacation for the weekend! Just me and you! I'm not sure exactly WHERE yet."

"Just anywhere but Hawaii. Well not by car anyways," Mr Peanutbutter revealed with a forced chuckle.

After that horrendous traffic he experienced when he attempted to take himself and Diane to Hawaii--he swore against ever going there by road again, even if there was a convenient bridge.

Todd couldn't help but give a chuckle in response, "Okay, that sounds cool." Todd said, beginning to relax on the couch.

"Also, you have no idea how stressful it is on set," Todd began, plopping his head down on the arm rest with a tired sigh.

"Oh? What do you mean Todd?" Mr Peanutbutter asked, taking a seat on the couch.

"It's just..they're very...very strict and clear on how they want them. If you screw up, even a little bit as simple as not showing enough emotion--you have to redo the WHOLE scene."

"Oh? Well you know directors are just like that! They just want the scene to be exactly like their artistic vision." Mr PB fondly smiled as his friend lied sprawled out on the couch with a groan.

"You know, if you just study the script and really make sure to practice in a mirror you can get the character and get it right." Mr Peanutbutter suggested.

"I'm not the problem though man, it's Bojack. Surprisingly." Todd replied, a bit of a biting edge in his tone.

"Aw..well did you ever try talking to him about it?" Mr Peanutbutter asked, his curiosity beginning to rise.

A tense silence went through the room in response as Todd began to sit up. Fingers interlocking with his own. He kept his head down.

"Uh..no. Not really." Todd replied.

"Well why not?" Mr Peanutbutter pressed on.

"It's. It's really complicated. Is it okay if we don't talk about it?" Todd asked.

With no hesitation Mr Peanutbutter nodded to the other, "It's okay Todd. If you ever need someone to air your laundry out to though, I have two ears willing to listen." He affirmed, placing a hand on his shoulder with a smile.

Todd smiled at the yellow lab, "Thanks Mr Peanutbutter, if there's anything you need to air out i'd be more than willing to hear too."

In a surprise, Todd watched Mr Peanutbutter's face perk up in surprise at the words before he suddenly found himself pulled into a hug.