Chapter 9

Todd's heart was leaping from his chest at the sudden kiss,

Standing in a hazy daze at the surprise kiss, things were loading, processing in his mind for a good moment before everything came crashing down. Hard and intensely.

A hand went to his head at the sudden rush of thoughts and emotions running through him as the shock wore off,

He was surely rocked.

Todd held his head down. Should he say it first or should he? Hands going to hold one another, Todd was stuck in thought.

From his peripheal view, Todd could see Mr Peanutbutter's once wide stretched smile, slowly downturn into a worried frown.

"Todd are you okay?" He asked, as Todd kept his head down.

Finally going on his instinct, Todd came at the yellow labrador, barreling into him and bringing him in for a tight embrace, giving the other a loving kiss back.

Separating, Todd gave one more peck to his nose before smiling fondly.

"I love you too."

For a moment, a fresh hue of pink spread across Mr Peanutbutter's face and a stunned look came before he brought Todd in closer to him for a hug.

It was a bit disorienting,

Maybe even a little frightening to just hear and feel his heartbeat, but the whole warmness soon gave him comfort.

A month later,

Mr Peanutbutter and Todd sat on he couch, cuddling close, the tv turned off;

They hold joy in just these quiet peaceful moments. They were really together. This was real. It was scary. It was new. It was good.

Suddenly the shrill sound of the doorbell rung through the once peaceful silence and Todd gave out an indignant sigh before getting up and answering the door.

Seeing Bojack he perked up a bit.

"Hey Bojack," Todd smiled.

"Bojack Horseman!" Mr Peanutbutter casually bellowed happily from the living room, making sure it was loud enough for the horse to hear.

Bojack squinted his eyes before he let out an annoyed groan at the sound of his name being happily bellowed by the yellow dog,

Looking back at Todd, his face looked a bit somber.

"Uh. I'm just gonna have to give you a heads up and say this ISN'T good news," Bojack informed.

"You see, short in short, the show we filmed for almost a year ISN'T going to make it on TV and our contract is null and void immediately." Bojack explained.

Todd's eyes widened in surprise,

"What do you mean? How did we just get...canceled before we even started?"

"Well.." Bojack put a hand behind his head.

"The network absolutely loathed the kiss scene. They said they found it 'unpleasant' and something they don't want brodcasting on their network. They also said they should change the WHOLE plot." Bojack continued.

"PC got mad and decided to throw the whole thing, she's...doing okay? But the thing kinda...flopped."

"I'm sorry." Bojack finished, a look of guilt coming for having to be the bearer of horrible news.

"I-It's alright!" Todd smiled.

"Is it?" Bojack questioned, a look of concern for his friend.

"Sure!" Todd nodded.