And I'm Home (Sugawara)

This is inspired by the song "And I'm Home" (The art is not mine)

What do you see, Sugawara? What world do you see? 

Mine is all but soundless—it's full of screams and cries, sirens blazing, vision phasing. It's empty but full of pain.

It was so easy for you to smile and say "see you tomorrow l/n" but muttering a "You too" takes every last bit of energy I had left. 

And whenever I got scared that one day you decided to abandon me, you're right behind me with another one of your bright, hopeful smiles. You've always been right there even if I can't see it right away. 

I frowned for so long until I saw your smile. You're the reason I was no longer lonely. 

You understood how far I was gone, but you chased after me anyways.  No matter how far down I burried my feelings, you saw them like they were right in front of you. 

Even after the countless mistakes I've made, no matter how much I've cracked and crumbled because of them, I grew back stronger with you by my side. 

But I can't help but sigh. After all this time, the tears and pain just won't go away. 

I can't wait for that day, one where we can laugh play together, happily. I pray for that day. 

Every lie you saw right through—no surprise since my voice shakes the entire time. Another one of my mistakes—it just ends up at the end up my dream, or nightmare rather. 

I'm falling again, falling away from you. You reach out your arm but it's far too short. I let out a scream—a prayer—that this isn't the end, my end with you.

It always ends in an embrace—one from you. One that makes me smile every time—but it never lasts.

I silently hoped for that same embrace that I knew wasn't coming.

Instead, I woke with a pain in my chest—heartburn.

"Ugh, what the hell did I eat last night?" I grumble as I force myself out of bed.

I get ready and leave before my parents wake up. I hop on my bike and ride to school, listening to some music on the way.

I arrive on campus and quickly put my headphones away before they get taken.

"Hey, Suga. Are you ready? The Inter-high prelims are coming up, don't let the new first years show us up." I turn when I hear Daichi's voice close by and frown.

It hurts so much to hear your name. I'm right here! Why won't you just turn around? I miss you so much but I know you'll never come back to me. No matter how much I leave my feelings behind me and set out on a new journey in life, they never disappear, and I can't ever seem to forget about them.

 I hear Sugawara laugh for a brief moment before I cover my ears to save myself from the pain of hearing what I've lost.

I carry on through the day silently—no one wanted to talk to me anyways so there was no point in making an effort.

I pass by countless faces I could never remember no matter how hard I tried, when one familiar one fills my vision.

He notices me but unlike the countless other times he turned back away, he came towards me. He stops me and asks if we can talk.

"Uh, sure." I say quietly.

"I'm sorry." He starts—guilt evident on his face as he turns away.

I stay silent, save for a small gasp that escapes me.

"I shouldn't have listened." He says tearing up.

"What do you mean?" I reply softly.

"They told me to leave you, they said you were too broken. I didn't listen and kept going, until they said my actions were only hurting you. Like the fool that I am I believed them, but now I know I shouldn't have." He takes my hands in his, and he looks at me with tears streaming down his face. "Can you ever forgive me? Will you ever come back to me?" That's what Ive been asking myself this entire time!

I can't bring myself to form words, I can only hug him and cry. 

He strokes my hair as he did before, and whispers soothing words of comfort—though they're a but hiccuped. 

Once I've calmed, we look into each other's eyes and stare. I can't stare for too long before smiling.

I lean forward and whisper "and I'm home" before we come together and kiss for the first time in what felt like a lifetime. It wasn't sensual or rough, but soft and full of love—it was pure. We finally found our way home.

How did I do for my first oneshot? I hope you guys liked it ^^ if not feel free to tell me why and I'll be sure to work on it!