All the right words (Nishinoya)

(I don't usually use honorifics, mainly because I'm afraid of using the wrong ones/being inconsistent/being inconsistent with the source material, but I will use the honorific "senpai" and I think you can figure out why)

It's my first day at Karasuno highschool and I had to start late because I happened to get sick for the first week and a half. I'm a first year, but ever since I got here people have just been asking me if I got lost on the way to junior high, or  if I'm here to see an older sibling. 

You see, I'm short. Like very short. Like 140 cm short. Everyone here is a giant to me, I can't even see the classroom numbers, I have no idea where I am. 

I was about to turn and ask somebody for help when I bumped into someone. 

"I'm s-so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going a-and—"

I open my eyes to see a boy with brown spiky hair with a tuft of blonde in the center.

"I-It's fine. By the way, I haven't seen you around here before." He has a bit of a blush on his face, probably embarrassed for bumping into someone.

"O-oh yeah. I was sick for the first month, and I'm new here. I-I'm a first year, but I got lost with all these super tall people clouding my vision. I turn my head for one second and I end up running into one of them..." I say quietly due to my embarrassment.

Did...did she just say I was tall? He thinks with astonishment.

"W-well this is the second year hall. Say, what's your name? I'll help you get to where you need to go."

"T-thank you so much, I was getting worried I would never find my way there. Oh, and my name is l/n y/n, w-what's your's?"

"Nishinoya Yuu, nice to meet you l/n."

"N-nice to meet you too, Nishinoya-senpai..."

Senpai?!  He thinks with an even bigger blush.

He seems taken aback by this honorific, so I think to correct myself.

"W-well you said this was the second year hall, s-so I assumed you were a second year. I'm sorry if I was wrong..."

"No, no, you were right!" He says with a big smile.

"O-oh, ok. Um, I know I already said this, b-but thank you, it's really nice of you to help me."

"No problem l/n! If you ever need help, you know who to ask!"

"Right, yes."

"Which class are you in?"

"Oh, I'm in class one."

"Cool, that's just at the end of this hallway." He points to show where it is.

"Thank you Nishinoya-senpai, and you don't need to walk me to the door, I've got it. I-I'll see you around, bye." I wave good-bye to him.

"Alright, see you later l/n." He waves back with a smile, and I blush at his confidence. (By confidence I mean the ability to speak and act normally. That is a quality that I lack and also find attractive in other people.)

The bell rings just as I walk inside, and I notice a familiar face.

"Shoyo? I didn't know you went here too."

He turns to look at me. "Huh? Y/n, I didn't know you went here too, where have you been?"

"Oh, about that.." I awkwardly chuckle and scratch the back of my neck, "I've been sick for the past month."

"Oh, that makes sense." I sit down.

"So, how's volleyball? Do you have good teammates?" I inquire.