Epilogue: Resurrection

Pennsylvania and Arizona went under some rather extensive repairs due to their kneecaps getting blown out by Bismarck, but the battleships were discharged a few days later and they were fitted with the bunker buster shells just as Commander Tran promised.

"I'm sure I can help develop something for you Yorkie." Commander Tran says as he works on the documents before him. "I've noticed that I've been getting less..."

"I don't think the admiralty wants a repeat of last month." Yorktown giggles. "Not after how hard you pushed yourself that night."

"You're definitely right about that." Commander Tran chuckles. "I await a moment where I can head out there and take home victory. Say, aren't the maids coming in a week?"

"They are yes." Yorktown replies. "I'm sure they'll make a welcome addition."

"And I'm just glad we don't have to deal with that runt of a seaman again." Commander Tran mumbles. "I swear that guy didn't have any manners whatsoever, always thought he was over the top."

"Well he's gone, and that's what matters." Yorktown says. "Looking back though, you didn't have to chase him down for that."

"You and the others know me well enough, my chivalry would never let that go unpunished." Commander Tran replies. "Aaand done."

"Well, with that aside, anything you wanna do?" Yorktown asks.

"Anything I want to do?" Commander Tran replies. "I'm not sure really. The only thing I can think of right now is heading outside and just admiring the horizon. It is around evening after all."

"Well, let's head out and admire the sunset then." Yorktown says as she and Commander Tran head outside to the docks where they sit at the edge and simply admire the glorious sunset. Eventually Yorktown rests her head on the commander's shoulder and they both chuckle. "Don't you just wish this could last forever?"

"What exactly? There's a lot of things I want to last forever." Commander Tran laughs. "It could be the sunset, it could be this peace even though I like the battlefield just as much, it could even be my time with you girls for all you know."

"Well, you just answered my question." Yorktown giggles as the sun finally sets and night falls. "Let's head inside, I can imagine most of the girls have already gone to sleep, especially Pennsylvania and her sister."

"Yeah you're right." Commander Tran says as the two head back inside where they head for their respective quarters to turn over for the night.

To Be Continued