Fighting

Adeline

I covered my mouth to keep from screaming. I ran to him without thinking and threw myself on him hugging him tightly while crying. He held me tightly also crying. After we had calmed down we sat on the steps. "You left" I whispered playing with a piece of grass. "I came back" he mumbled. "You still left" I said looking at him. "Why?" He sighed and looked down. "I thought you would be happier without me. So I took off" I looked down to not saying anything for a long time.

"You can't just take off when things get a little rough. We know this from the past" I finally said. "I didn't think. I just left" I rolled my eyes. "You never think these things through" I said standing. "I'm back aren't I?" He asked. "That sentence shouldn't even be leaving your mouth. Saying 'I'm back' is also saying. 'I left'" he sighed standing up as well. "Says you. The first sign of trouble we run into, you run to your dad to forget I ever existed!" He said getting as mad as me. "Because you said you were happy without me. You said to move on. I didn't know how to. I'm sorry I don't know how to react when the love of my life says he's happy without me around" I practically shouted before kicking my car tire getting pissed. "If I wouldn't have showed up would you have let him take the memories?" Nik asked. I turned around leaning against my car sighing.

"To erase my memory he had to find when I first knew I was in love with you. It's been 4 hours and he still doesn't know because I wouldn't tell him. Figure it out" I said softly. "When did you know?" Nik asked standing against my car beside me. I looked down kicking a pebble. "The night at the tree house" I said softly. "He knows that" Nik said. "He knows you said that you loved me there. That's not the night" I said finally making eye contact. "What night was it then?" I broke away and got off my car sighing.

"'I talked to her today. At the grill. Her name is Adeline Rose. Her name suits her. It's pretty just like her. Her voice is angelic and soft. She seemed sad so I went to say job she seemed happy about the company. We ate breakfast together before she had to go to school. I hope to see her again'" i quoted word for word what was written on the wall.

"That's the night I saw you at your most vulnerable. You cried. You fell apart in my hands and I didn't have the words to make you feel better so I sang to you. And as I sing you drifted to sleep in my arms holding me for dear life as if the second you let me go you would fall off the face of the earth. Sitting there with you in my arms holding onto me I realized that was love. That I was in love with you. And nothing on this earth could ever change my mind"

I finally made eye contact with him and he looked down. "We still have problems to fix" he mumbled. "I know" I whispered. "I think it would be best if I stayed with Kol for a while. Until things are right" I sighed. "There you go running again" I mumbled. "I'm not running from anything" he said.

"You just said you were going to stay with your brother until the problems are fixed. You are running from the problems. We fight and you leave. I do something you don't like and you leave. I get sick for God sakes, and you leave. It's the same fight over and over again Nik! Your not there. Or when you are you want to run. I don't want to run anymore" I said. I looked at him. "Maybe running is in my blood" he said softly.

"I am not Katherine Pierce. I am a survivor but I do it of my own free will and my own strength. I'm not running.  I'm staying in mystic falls with my friends and my family. Wether you like it or not, this is home. And it always will be. So it is your choice. Run like Katherine. Or stay and fight. Like me" when I looked at him he was looking at the road like he was leaving. Of course that's the way he chose...