Breakdowns

2 weeks later

Adeline

I was sitting on my bed as the tears raced down my face. Everywhere I looked I saw him. I couldn't even face Enzo. I dropped out of my classes. I haven't fed in weeks. I haven't eaten. I've been here since the movies. We got home and I haven't left. I try to turn my back on him but everywhere I look there he is in front of me still. I went to the closet and packed a bag. I waited till Enzo was asleep and left. Driving to providence. I don't care what I said. I need him. He was like a drug. One taste and I was addicted. And when he left I was never the same since.

In providence

I got out of my car and walked to the door of his house knocking. No reply. I opened it and walked inside. "Nik!" I called. I walked to the front room to see him drinking. He stood quickly when he saw me. "Adeline" he breathed out. "Nik" I whispered. "Why are you here?" He asked. "I needed to see you. I couldn't take it any longer" he turned his back and I sped standing in front of him. "No. Your not turning your back on me this time" I said. He looked down. "You need to leave. Go. You have Enzo now. Leave" he said. "Nik. Are you crazy?" I asked. He walked to the other side of the room and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Look me in the eye and tell me this is not what you want anymore and I will leave and never come back" I said. He looked at me and opened his mouth to talk but stopped and looked away. "Go ahead. Say it. Say you don't want me anymore. And I will be out the door." I said pushing him. "I don't want you" he said looking at me. In the eye. I looked down as tears fell and nodded. "Okay" I whispered before turning to leave. I stopped at the door and turned to look at him.

"Your the one who left me. Your the one who wanted this break. Your the one who made me keep my fucking memory of you and then you left right after. You were the one who was supposed to love me no matter what. You were supposed to be mine. Forever. Isn't that what we promised? Strength for today hope for tomorrow. Always and forever. Or did you forget all that? If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be broken. You were supposed to stay. And you didn't. You walked out. You left me. You left me. You fucking left me. And all I ever did was love you. And you left." I was shouting by the end of it. I was sobbing not able to keep it in. "I hate myself. Because I still love you. But it's okay right? Because your happy. On the run. Away from your problems. Away from life. Away from me. You left me. And I will never ever forgive you" and with that I went to my car breaking down completely.