Chapter 5 "Friend is back"

Anna's P.O.V.

May, 1964

The tour is starting soon. I must admit it. I'm scared. I'm so happy for the boys. It's just I feel something could go wrong. Needless to say I'm going to be very sad to wake up without John by my side. I don't mean to be so negative, but I feel this is going to be long term, and fear for the day that John won't be here to see his children grow. At least I know he's always thinking of us. We can make it work like he said. It's his dream...I met him when it was on his plans.

"So when's A hard Day's Night being released?" I asked John as I sat down on the floor near the chimney.

"Two months I think" He replied biting on his nails.

The boys have been shooting a movie. I know. From musicians to actors. Sweet.

"Is everything okay?" I could feel something was bothering him.

"Yeah. It's just. I've been thinking y'know?" He said as he sat down beside me.

"About what?"

"About how Abby was able to get pregnant, and we can't" He looked down.

"John. Can I ask you something?" I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Sure" He looked at me.

"Why are you in such a hurry to have another baby?"

"Well, I'm not anymore. Not since I suppose our tour's going to take longer" He looked down again.

"Would you mind explaining what exactly that means?"

"Well. I wasn't with you the whole time you were pregnant. I mean, that was supposed to be one of the best experiences, and I was away all the time...well you know. The circumstances. You know what I mean?" He talked quietly.

"We had broken up, John..."

"I know. I wish we hadn't. You dealt with a broken heart while you were pregnant. It's all my fault. I've been thinking Julian's death was my fault too"

"No. John. That wasn't your fault at all. Julian had a car accident"

"I believe it would have been different if I wasn't-"

"John. No. Seriously. That's like saying I was guilty of Laura's death because I made her my friend and your girlfriend"

"Still..."

"No. John let's not have this conversation no more. It's not your fault. End of conversation. And I'm sure there will be another time when we can pregnant. It will happen when it's time for it to happen. Alright?"

He looked at me like a little boy who had just been grounded. He nodded, and then kissed my hand.

"Besides, you can barely handle two!" I laughed making him smile.

"I love you" He smiled again showing his cute little teeth.

"I love you, too" I kissed the tip of his nose.

"Emily! Don't!" Rachel walked into the living room chasing Emily who was running around the house with a white little notebook on her hand.

I caught her before she could run faster, and took the notebook from her hand. "Emily, don't be naughty"

"Emily, baby, you're not supposed to run in the house. You could fall or something" John carried her in his arms, and started tickling her stomach as she laughed.

"Daddy, stoooop!" She laughed louder. "Daddy nooooo" She squealed.

"You won't do it again?" He stopped to ask her. The girl shook her head no, and John put her down.