Chapter 30 "I love Paul"

John's P.O.V.

It didn't take me too long to realize what Anna and Abby had done, and I'm sure Paul noticed it too. They planned all of this so Paul and I could talk in private. Ahhh Anna. I agreed to do it only because she asked me to, and I didn't want to disappoint her again. Solving things with Paul was not in my plans any soon, but I guess I would have to do it eventually. That is the main reason I had thought of breaking up with the group like I had mentioned to Yoko before. Now that I think about it, I do realize now that she tried persuading me to leave the group. Well, she can't do it now, if I decide to do it, that'll be my decision only. I've realized that the slightest amount of maturity I've achieved is actually doing the opposite with Paul. The more mature we get, the more we don't get along.

We were standing there like two idiots face to face just looking away. We were like that for like 30 seconds that seemed to last an eternity. You could feel the tension between us. Paul was the first one to talk.

"Is there something specific you want me to apologize for?" He asked sarcastically.

"Oh, because McCharmly is very innocent himself, isn't he?" I rolled my eyes.

He snorted and shook his head. "I honestly thought Yoko was the reason you were being a total prat, but it looks like I was wrong" He smiled because he knew it used to make me mad when he called me prat.

"Listen, pretty face. That's enough, okay? Anna and Abby really want us to get over with this. So can we please do it the right way? I'm not doing it for you, I am doing it for them" I said.

"Oh wow" He frowned very sceptic.

"What?"

"I can't believe you said that"

"Well it's true" I said firmly.

"Alright um... I guess I may start with uhh Anna's thing. You know, I suppose Anna already told you, but I'd like to confirm it anyway: nothing ever happened between Anna and me. That night I was just supporting her because she's one of my best friends, and I've always cared about her. She needed someone, and we're not here to discuss your marriage problems, but she was really worried about the marriage at the time because that's when Yoko came to your life, and she thought she was going to lose you. If Abby would have been in that situation, would you be there for her, or you walk away?"

"I would...be there for her as well" I said as I looked down. I remembered when I told Abby about Paul cheating. I wasn't very gentle with that.

I felt a little stupid. I suppose I was too furious that I wanted to believe they were together just to be mad at Paul.

"Exactly" He sighed.

"Well...I'm sorry I was a prat insisting in that" I really meant it. I knew how much it bothered Anna, and I suppose for Paul it was very awkward as well. "'Cause, you know. You're not ugly at all...very attractive actually" I looked down. I realized I sounded like a queer.

"Thanks" He chuckled quietly.

I looked up at him, and saw him smiling a little.

"And I'm sorry I criticized Ob la di, ob-la-da, I-"

"It's okay, John, you didn't like it, and it was your opin-"

"Please let me finish. I knew we tried talking about that before, but we both knew we continued having resentment, so yes, I chose the wrong words when referring to your song. The reason was because I was starting to dig into other styles, but you were so stuck to the same, and you insisted which later had me thinking you wanted to rule in the group. You and only you. I might be wrong, but that's how I felt it. I hated your following work after that just because you put effort in it. I was jealous of that, and I was mad because you wanted to stick to your plans without me... as if you didn't care to write songs without me anymore" Whoah how I vented. I never thought I would confess the truth to him. I didn't tell about that to anybody before. Not even to Anna.