Jitters

Onika

_______________

"Fuck," I swore quickly under my breath and jumped up from the table in the corner that I was sitting at and sprinted trough the small Jitter's coffee shop and to its bathroom. 

The lid of my coffee cup popped off mid sip, causing the scorching liquid to spill down my front. 

Standing in the mirror, I pumped a couple of paper towels and put soap on them, hopelessly dabbing at the mess. I sighed. My chest was most likey red and blotchy, from the coffee. My shirt, probably done for good. 

Is it bad that I was more concerned about my shirt?

I loved my shirt. It was a simple Odd Future shirt. There wasn't a weird face, cross or anything and it took me a while to find a store selling it. 

Switching on the faucet I peeled my shirt of as i waited, happily realizing they had hot water. I didn't care if someone walked in and saw me in my bra. It was cute, and no different than catching me at the beach playing volleyball. I guess it made me confident when it came to my looks, which wasn't bad at all.

I pumped some more soap and tried to wash out all of the coffee that I could but it wasn't really helping. I frowned at the wet shirt in my hands and rung it out. It still had the stain on it, the only thing different was now my hands smelled like Caffe macchiato. The door opened slowly.

"Are you alright?"

I turned to see a beautiful honey blonde head, leaning against the wall beside me, concern in her hazel eyes. Beyonce. She was actually the cashier here. Pretty much the only reason I stopped by every day, after work. I'd been trying to work up the courage to ask her on a date for a week now, but every time I attempted...I choked. 

I'm confident but not that confident. 

"Uh, yeah thanks for asking." I said, giving a small smile as I straightened up. 

"Its honestly no problem. Here, I thought you would need it." She set a rolled up shirt on the counter. 

"The one you were wearing is pretty ruined, so have one of ours. On me," she said before flashing me a blinding smile and walking out, murmuring something about aggy customers. 

I unrolled the shirt and slipped it on, before noticing a piece of paper float down to the floor. 

I plucked it from the cold tile and couldn't help the grin that spread across my face. On it had her number! I'd never been as happy going to Jitter's before. I walked out to find her but she was busy greeting a customer. She winked at me before resuming her conversation. 

That's ok, I'll try later. 

____________________________________Private Message me for Requests

Private Message me for Requests.

This was a little rushed because I don't know if I'll be able to put out an update for my main book, Her assistant today. I'm a little busy so I hope this enough. 

Thoughts?

Vote and comment.