[29]

Aarons attention turned to Travis bringing up his gun he pointed it directly at him. Travis quickly whipped out a gun pointing it back at Aaron as the two men stood in front of each other.

I felt my heart beginning to race as he stepped in front of me. My view blocked slightly as I returned my hand to my pocket. My hand tightened around the gun as the pounding my chest began to worsen.

"Come on Aaron we can talk this out." Travis said giving him a fake smile.

Aaron began to walk towards him Travis took a step back his grip tightening on the gun. Fear slowly began to become evident on Travis' face as he let the trigger go. Aaron quickly dodged it and running up to Travis he knocked the gun on the side of his head. He slowly stepped back grabbing the side of his head with one hand while he sent a kick straight for Aarons stomach.

Catching the kick with his hand he moved his legs upwards dropping Travis to the ground. Travis cussed out as he once again had both hands on the gun. Pushing back on the trigger he shakily shot the gun a bullet grazing Aarons arm. Aaron let out a small grunt as he smashed his foot down into Travis stomach.

My heart was pounding incredibly fast. Aaron haded spoken a word since he appeared. As I was zoned out staring at them I completely missed the sound of footsteps rushing towards me.

An hand grabbed my arm causing me to flinch. It was the girl with pink hair, Betty. My heart began to slow down slightly at the sight of her. She wrapped one of my arms around her neck as she pulled me up off the ground. I stumbled into her side as she began to her pull me away. Letting out a small whimper I looked back at Aaron.

Travis had somehow gotten up off of him and they were back to fighting.

Turning my head back I noticed Genes car pull up closer to the park and Betty tossed me inside. I looked back at her worriedly as she closed the door.

"Aphmau are you—"

"Wheres Betty going?" I asked interrupting him.

"She'll make sure Aarons alright come on lets get back to the hide out."

"But—"

"No buts. He'll be fine.."

Letting out another whimper I watched as we slowly began to drive away from the park. The last thing that rang through my ears was a loud gun shot noise.

I had been already half an hour since we had made it back. Gene had laid me down on the couch while Lucinda fixed on my wounds. My shirt was soaked in dry blood when she was finished. She pushed me back against the couch as my head hit a soft pillow. I let out a small grunt at the pain as my eyes wandered around the room.

Ein was pacing back and forth anxiously at the door while Lucinda had disappeared somewhere else. Gene sat on the edge of the couch staring down at me as a cigarette draped from his lips.

The front door slamming open caught the attention of everyone. Ein jumped back in surprise while a very pissed off Aaron walked in. Grumbling incoherent words to himself as he began to throw his blooded shirt to the floor. Betty followed in behind her blood dripping from her clothes.

"Aar-Falcon I mean..." Ein mumbled out as Aaron shot him a glare.

"Its Aaron." He grumbled.

Before he started down the hallway he stopped in front of the couch. My heart rate immediately picking up as I felt his cold stare on me. My eyes slowly lifted to look at him and he looked just as cold as I imagined.

"Py-Aphmau..."

My heart began to pound in my chest as my name left his mouth.

His cold gaze softened into that of a small smile and he bent down. Placing a hand on my hair he ruffled it,

"I'm sorry... you didn't deserve any of this. You deserve someone who will treat you better. I really am sorry... I let my work get in the way and treated you like another worker when really you weren't... thats why its best if you go.. go find someone who will love you better..."

His voice slightly cracked at the end and he brought his hand back standing up straight he began to walk away. My heart began to race as tears began to swell up in my eyes.

"B-But I don't want someone else.." I said out in a mumble my voice cracking as my lips quivered.

Aaron was too far gone to hear me. I slowly pushed myself up off the couch aching in pain as I did so. Ein gave me a small glare motioning for me to sit down as I shook my head.

I began limping down the hall after Aaron. Hearing the walking he stopped in his place. I wrapped my arms around his waist leaning against him slightly for support as he stood in front of me.

"I-I just want you..." the tears slowly rolled down my face and with my arms wrapped around him I felt something wet hit my hand.

My heart began to ache as I realized what it was. He shakily held onto one of my hands holding it tight before finally speaking. His words were shaky as he tried to keep his composure,

"Thank g-gosh..."

A/N

And thats all book done tah dah