Chapter 31 ~ Dance

"Umm, what are you doing with that?" I looked at Levi suspiciously as I got ready for the school dance tonight. He quickly put the small gun that he was obviously cleaning behind his back.

"Nothing." He stated.

"Levi, I'll be fine. You've let me go on dates with Eren before." I chuckled.

"Yeah, but this is basically your prom. If he ruins it-"

"Dad." I laughed. "It'll be fine, I promise. So put that back up." He frowned and put the gun back in its rightful place as the doorbell rang. Levi rushed ahead to the door as I tried to run ahead of him. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to scare Eren off.
I smirked as I made it to the door first to see Eren dressed in a pristine suit and tie matching my dress color.

"Wow, you look really great." He blushed.

"Thanks, you too." I smiled. We exchanged our corsage and boutonniere and took some pictures. I was excited but also nervous for tonight. With all that's happened recently, I almost forgot about the dance. I'm glad I didn't though because this will be my first one.

"I expect her home no later than midnight, I want to hear good things, I-"

"Stop, Dad." I chuckled as Eren lightly squeezed my hand out of fear.

"Just have fun." Levi finally relaxed.

"We will." I gave him a hug before we walked out to the car. It's not a long drive to the school. "So the teachers do this every year?" I asked Eren.

"Yep." He answered. "Everyone always looks forward to it but it's not a requirement to go. It's just kind of a fun party before finals and exams." I nodded in response and stared out the window at the sun about to go down.

Eventually we reached the school and could already hear all the hustle and bustle from the gym where the dance was being held. When we walked in, it was decorated like a storybook fairytale theme. It looked like a lot of time and effort was put into the dance.

"Ahhh, so cute~!" Hanji suddenly burst through the crowd towards me and Eren.

"Thank you, Hanji." I blushed. Eren and I walked hand-in-hand through the gym, admiring the decorations and trying to fond our friends.

"You guys, stop!" We suddenly heard Historia whine as Sasha and Connie ran off with an entire platter of deserts.

"Um, hey you guys." Eren laughed. All the girls were in their dresses that we bought at the mall. Mikasa looked a little less than happy to be with Jean. (Cause she lost a bet)

We sat down with our friends and all tried to relax. Next month was going to start finals and exams. "I can't believe we're going to be seniors next year." Armin said.

"Has it really been that long?" I chuckled to myself. I guess it really has been a while since Levi adopted me and I started school at Titan High. I guess I was too happy living in every single moment that I didn't realize how fast time was passing by.

"Hey, are you okay?" Eren snapped me put of the thoughts and brushed a tear off of my cheek.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine." I smiled. "I'm just really happy."

"Aww, Luna~" Jean came in for a hug.

"Nope." Eren put his foot on Jean's torso.

"Hey! I got this thing dry-cleaned!"

"Well you should have thought of that before-!"

"Come on." I dragged Eren away to the middle of the crowd where people were dancing.

"You're no fun." Eren pouted but grabbed my hand anyways and spun me around to the song currently playing. We danced for a while before we eventually got tired and sat back down. They were serving finger foods and whatever deserts Sasha and Connie left behind so we ate a little bit.

Overall I'd say the dance was really fun. I was happy I got to go and I'm looking forward to next year's. When Eren and I were walking outside to his car, I noticed that a good many stars were out tonight. "You know," I started. "Since I was the only girl my age in the orphanage, I got my own room. I used to sit alone by my window watching the stars, wishing that someday I could be with people to see them with."

"You sound so corny." Eren chuckled as I playfully glared at him. "But really, you don't have to be alone anymore."

"I know." I smiled as Eren wrapped his arms around me for a kiss. We stayed like that until I started to feel my purse vibrate. I pulled out my phone to see Levi calling. It was 12:01. Eren's face paled as he picked me up and ran as fast as he could to the car.