Chapter 5.

Josephine's P.O.V
When he pulls away from the kiss immediately I feel like crying. I'm such a idiot, I knew I shouldn't have come out tonight and actually allowed myself to have fun. I'm on a work trip and that's the end of the story.
    "Um what floor are you on"He asks. "8" I respond not looking at him. I don't know what I expected, not for him to push me away that's for sure.  When we arrive to my floor I walk faster than usual, and I notice that he's going the same pace behind me. "Did you want something"I ask stopping in my tracks. "I wanted to walk you to your room." Hero responds. I want him to stay but I can't muster up the word to tell him to leave. "Ok." I say. There is an awkward silence as we walk down the hall, and I try my best not to stare at him.

    "Here we are" I state the obvious being as we are at the end of the hall. "Hey Jo I'm sorry I..." he begins to say but I cut him off. "It's ok Hero goodnight." I say quickly stepping into my room then with the same amount of speed closing the door in his face. When I hear his foot steps I start to laugh. I must be more intoxicated than I thought because that was humiliating, I guess in some ways it was funny. Falling asleep,I jump when I hear someone pounding at my door.
Authors Note
Hey guys! I know I haven't posted in a long time and for that I'm sorry. This chapter is short and not the best but I hope y'all enjoy it all the same 🥰