Prologue: Sokudo Dainamo

A male in his late teens was currently walking down a path in the middle of a forest. The male had sharp blue eyes and long ice-blonde hair that reached past his shoulder blades, with his bangs brushed to the right side of his face. He was average height but seemed to be much skinnier than most his height, have a lean and muscular build compared to others. He was wearing a dark blue bodysuit with metallic bracers over his arms and upper chest armor.

He also seemed to prefer wearing a long white cape over it most likely to hide this rather obvious armor from any enemies that may be trying to attack him. He was also adorned with two eight-pointed stars on either side of his head and his cape. He also had a katana strapped to his waist held in place by a chain strap with his crest over his blade. 

This male's name was Sokudo, as he continued down the small path he was on he looked up and noticed that it was starting to get a bit late. Noticing this Sokudo looked around and noticed several sticks laying around the area. As he did he began running at a speed most would consider inhuman gathering the branches as he did. Making several trips around the surrounding area to gather the sticks on the ground gathering them into a small pile.

Once he came to a stop he looked at the pile he had gathered and began to start a fire using his blade for help with the task. As he did he sighed as he began to sit close to the fire keeping his guard up for any signs of grimm. As he did he heard a low growl and turned to look in the location only to see nothing from the area. Seeing this he grabbed his katana and pulled it close before once again hearing a low growl.

Sokudo once again looked in the direction only to once again see nothing where he heard the sound. As he did he shrugged acting as if he were dismissing the sound as some local animals in the woods. However, he knew better and was merely using this act to lure in whatever was in the area moving back to the fire and opening his blade so that it would be easier to draw when he was finally attacking.

As he waited for whatever was watching him make its move he began to meditate. However, even this brought him no relief, it felt like whatever was watching him was hanging just above him ready to consume him the moment he let his guard down. Then he heard it, something slithering towards him, when he did Sokudo once again looked in the direction from before. He expected to see nothing like before.

However, he didn't, he continued to hear whatever it was closing in the distance between him. Then he saw small movements in the grass as they were being knocked over. Before Sokudo could process what he was seeing the creature lunged forward causing Sokudo to jump back avoid the attack. What Sokudo saw shocked and unnerved him, he had dealt with grimm before but nothing like this.

It was made of thick black liquid, parts of its body were falling off only to be replaced once again as the liquid moved back to where it had fallen. It seemed vaguely human, and by that Sokudo could only see it's head as human but even that didn't stop the liquid from falling over. The creature then let out a roar causing several chunks of its own body to fall off before slowly slithering towards Sokudo's sword.

Sokudo spent a few moments trying to process what he was seeing before eventually stilling himself and then darting off towards his sword grabbing it just before the slimy creature could capture his weapon. As he did Sokudo cut the creature several times only to see the slime was sticking to his blade, and the parts that he had cut off were merely returning the creature. Sokudo didn't let this faze him however as he took a deep breath before once again dashing forward, moving slightly faster than before.

As he did he swung up cutting the creature in half. As he did the creature began to fall apart before a string of the sludge-like slime connected the two pieces and began to mold them back together once again. The creature then roared and it's bottom split open and several strands of sludge came from it, forming faces with several pieces falling off as they did. Sokudo dealt with the first one easily jumping back and cutting its head off. When he landed Sokudo jumped and turned cutting the headless creature in half.